Can any Union Rep tell me how much notice i have to give to terminate employment....
I am full time with 18 years service ...cheers
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Handing Notice In..
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Handing Notice In..
One week, I believe.
-
Scotland1
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
- Gender: Female
Handing Notice In..
Yes it is one week, try to wait till after 17th October when u can cash some share should be worth £2000+ if u do
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Handing Notice In..
Except for recent new starters where the notice period is 4 weeks, for most its 1 week.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
movingon
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 12:39
- Gender: Female
Handing Notice In..
That's what RM has to give the employee. Paragraph below is the notice the employee gives - 1 week. :)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Handing Notice In..
To be honest the notice period is just good manners, if you need to start a new job the next day there isn't much they can or would do.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Handing Notice In..
Cheers folks
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Handing Notice In..
if you want you can hand in your notice and go sick, i suppose.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP