ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What is a mail Diversion?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

What is a mail Diversion?

Post by Spedley »

Sorted some letters today with stickers looking like simple redirection stickers and a Royal Mail logo on it saying Offical Diversion. Looked like some kind of scam to me but I've been assured it is a service we offer.

What is it?
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

What is a mail Diversion?

Post by noggin1969 »

Not sure why it is different to a redirection but I have a business on my delivery that has a diversion , I have to re order stickers direct from the manager. I had a redirection to a different address come in but was told the diversion took precedence.

http://www.royalmail.com/corporate/mail ... -diversion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What is a mail Diversion?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Planning to move a department or division to new premises? Royal Mail is here to help. With our Diversion service in place, you can be sure the right mail will reach your new address – and fast. Diversion lets you:
forward mail to any UK address
get set up in just 10 days
receive your diverted mail quickly – as 1st Class.
A Diversion should be taken out if your business is moving out of a multi-occupied building (where mail to one or more business is delivered to the same unique delivery point). You can also use it if part of your business is relocating, and you need mail addressed to that particular department to be diverted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.