Yesterday (Monday) I delivered a tracked parcel to the correct address on my round.
Today when in the same street the lady came out with the opened parcel in her hand telling me that it wasn`t for anyone in the house.
The address label apart from the barcode was missing. she asked me if I could take it off her hands?
I told her no, not in that condition. she offered to secure the parcel and asked me to knock her door tomorrow .
What the hell should I do? its not her parcel, so letting her keep it isn`t an option.
As per usual my lino wouldn`t answer her mobile.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What to do? . advice please
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
-
steveoooo1
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 11 Aug 2015, 19:40
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
If this was me I would have a good chat to my dom/lino about this in the morning. personally you delivered to the address on the front so you did your job properly. I would not touch it as it could lead you into false stealing claims etc. this is my opinion so take it or leave it.windermeredave wrote:Yesterday (Monday) I delivered a tracked parcel to the correct address on my round.
Today when in the same street the lady came out with the opened parcel in her hand telling me that it wasn`t for anyone in the house.
The address label apart from the barcode was missing. she asked me if I could take it off her hands?
I told her no, not in that condition. she offered to secure the parcel and asked me to knock her door tomorrow .
What the hell should I do? its not her parcel, so letting her keep it isn`t an option.
As per usual my lino wouldn`t answer her mobile.
Good luck
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
I think it`s probably best if I refuse to handle a parcel that has already been opened, I will leave it to management to visit the lady to resolve it.
-
tiredm
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 17:45
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
If it's been opened then it needs new postage on it. She needs to write the return address on and pay for it.
-
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
I've had similar in the past , I've just said that I can't take it as I cannot issue a receipt and leave it as that.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
Tell her drop the parcel at office don't take it.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
You've delivered it as addressed. End of.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
swpostie
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 20 May 2009, 04:28
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
Tiredm is right - you shouldn't take it.
You are effectively being asked to accept a redirected parcel (return to sender) but, as per Royal Mail rules, if the item has been opened (or the name has been changed) it is not eligible for a free redirection - it is a new item in the system and postage had to be paid accordingly.
She'll need to secure it, take it to the Post Office and pay the postage.
If she hadn't opened it you could take it.
You are effectively being asked to accept a redirected parcel (return to sender) but, as per Royal Mail rules, if the item has been opened (or the name has been changed) it is not eligible for a free redirection - it is a new item in the system and postage had to be paid accordingly.
She'll need to secure it, take it to the Post Office and pay the postage.
If she hadn't opened it you could take it.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
What to do? . advice please
Sounds very suss! Let your DOM deal with it!