ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Single days annual leave?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Desperate_Dan
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 20:09
Gender: Male

Single days annual leave?

Post by Desperate_Dan »

Hello all.

Some advice needed please.

I applied for one single day as annual leave to look after the kids. I give almost one years notice for the day I needed in question.

I have not received any formal communication in any capacity from the DOM on whether I'm getting the day off or not.

I've been told informally by a junior manager that it'll 'probably' go down as unpaid parental leave.

Surely there is a formal process managers have to adhere to if they are going to give a member of staff unpaid parental leave in place of annual leave which they give almost a years notice for.

I can't just be expected to wait until I get my payslip on the Thursday the week after to find that a days pay has been deducted.

Surely there has to be some notice and communication given?

Thank you in advance.
Desperate_Dan
Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 20:09
Gender: Male

Single days annual leave?

Post by Desperate_Dan »

Ummmm bump...
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Single days annual leave?

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

PSP was supposed to make annual leave convert into hours and make it simple to book odd days, or even arrange to finish early on a given day.

If you log into https://rmg.tbs.aon.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , it tells you you leave in hours.

However, trying to booking odds days, nevermind finishing early seems to make linos instantly pull a not-can-do face.

Anything beyond booking a complete week seems mission impossible, not just leave, but also all those lieu days we accrue due to bank hols falling on our days off. :arrrghhh
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Single days annual leave?

Post by Chewster »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:PSP was supposed to make annual leave convert into hours and make it simple to book odd days, or even arrange to finish early on a given day.

If you log into https://rmg.tbs.aon.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , it tells you you leave in hours.

However, trying to booking odds days, nevermind finishing early seems to make linos instantly pull a not-can-do face.

Anything beyond booking a complete week seems mission impossible, not just leave, but also all those lieu days we accrue due to bank hols falling on our days off. :arrrghhh
Yep, there's a few old timers in my office who have accrued WEEKS of days in lieu and trying to take any of those days off, whether it be a single day or a week, is like pulling teeth! At first I used to take days in lieu when applicable but after seeing the struggle it is to actually take these days off, I've just opted to take a days overtime payment instead.