ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moving offices...thoughts!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Moving offices...thoughts!!!!

Post by postiewhite »

Im a 25hr reserve and have been in my office for over 3yrs. At the minute I can work overtime as its never really an issue to get in 30+hrs. The office is meant to be eventually going through another repick so things will be shifted around, my work is 12 miles away and takes 25 mins to get there.
At the minute there is a position advertised in my local office, less than 10 mins drive on a 30hr contract however ive heard some bad stories about that office, staff walking out etc but I also heard most staff are in the union and do stick together. Now I dont want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire so im not sure how I can go about finding out about the office etc.

What are the best steps to find out? I could ask a postie but they are going to slag the office down regardless because that's what we do. Maybe a union rep of the area?
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Moving offices...thoughts!!!!

Post by datasaint »

Go work there on your day off, easiest way.