ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

several hundred new delivery points

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

several hundred new delivery points

Post by postypie »

possibly going on my duty soon which as you can imagine I am not too happy about!
CWU reps know of these new flats being built on or around my duty but nothing seems to being done about it as of yet.
Hundreds of student flats (at least 700) in three block of flats (two nearly complete and one a few months away from being ready)....I tend to get done on time most days and also with having cancer I feel I am doing well just to do what I am doing without the extra burden of more flats to deliver to!!!
I am physically exhausted after each day (even my Mrs says she's noticed the difference in me since being diagnosed last year) so I can do without these flats and to be honest I don't think my duty can absorb them as my finishing times will testify.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

several hundred new delivery points

Post by Postie45 »

your delivery should have been set up by geo route or at least union agreed at some point. Any extension to that is not your responsibility to complete. If they insist on you taking out id see your union rep, if thats not possible just keep following cut off procedure when its too much.
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

several hundred new delivery points

Post by bigal383 »

This is growth to duty and they will have to build a new duty for this once u take it or even a few that's you done for. Happened in my office the lads dont take them as growth to duty up to managers to sort on overtime
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

several hundred new delivery points

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Cancer is covered by the Equality Act. This means reasonable adjustments should be made when required, if possible.

Get the Union involved - Area Safety Rep or Equality Officer and go through an OH-Assist assessment, then let the manager sort it from there.

Let them stress not you, you are facing enough s**t in your life.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.