Anyone got any advice?
Basically I have been off work for about 9 months with a condition which I won't bore you with so I've been offered ill health retirement due to OH assist saying I'm no fit to return to work. I have been offered a figure but I'm trying to work out how they come up with the figure. I've been a postman since 2001 and I'm full time so what should I be expecting roughly and is there anywhere where it says how much I should have per year of service etc? Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ill health retirement figures
-
Mightyaj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement figures
34 weeks basic pay and 12 weeks Pilon (payment in lieu of notice).
You would also get any outstanding holiday pay accrued while you were off sick.
You would also get to keep your shares.
Not sure about whether you get the delivery supplement but I don't think you would.
Roughly about a years pay give or take a few hundred quid.
You would also get any outstanding holiday pay accrued while you were off sick.
You would also get to keep your shares.
Not sure about whether you get the delivery supplement but I don't think you would.
Roughly about a years pay give or take a few hundred quid.
-
Mightyaj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement figures
Many thanks for your help Ricardo.
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 679
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
ill health retirement figures
ball park figure £21-23,000 plus shares about £3000.
-
seandownie
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Sep 2016, 06:46
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement figures
is that the same for part time postmen i have been there since 2008 and have just been offered ill health retirement was trying to work out what i would get if anyone has any ideas would be really appreciated thanks
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
ill health retirement figures
sorry, on a slightly related theme, is it just me or is RM sleepwalking into a IHR bottleneck in the next 5-10 years?
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
ill health retirement figures
Use the same method as the 2nd post on this thread.seandownie wrote:is that the same for part time postmen i have been there since 2008 and have just been offered ill health retirement was trying to work out what i would get if anyone has any ideas would be really appreciated thanks