ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I H R

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

I H R

Post by holly123 »

Hi, if someone took IHR due to on going health issues, would they be able to claim benefits while out if work or would they take his payment from work into consideration, cheers all :hmmmm
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

I H R

Post by Surreypostie »

Benefits are means tested, if you have over a certain amount probably not, I think the only one that isn't is job seekers allowance.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I H R

Post by bustedflush »

Your first 6 months of JSA is not means tested, thereafter it is. So IF this is the only benefit you will be claiming well and good. If however, you want council tax benefit or any other benefit you will be screwed if you have more than 8K (please check that it may be more now) in savings. Wastrels and people who p!ss their cash up the wall and go to Cash Converters tend to be better treated by the system than those that have worked and paid in.

Mortgage interest only can be claimed after 9 months. The theory is the state should not help a (usually) working man buy a house, but if you own 20 houses and stuff them with DSS tenants the state will happily buy you a portfolio of properties over time.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

I H R

Post by spiderj »

Stay on full payment, then half pay,then if still in I'll health, contributions based esa and after wca support group....I now get pip too...as far as interest only....you'll manage that no worries...look at France...not many mortgages there...
I won