ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Scan-dal
-
BB brother
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 19 May 2007, 01:41
Scan-dal
Has anyone else had one of those letters on Scanning sent to their house today ?
What a nerve !!
I didn't realise we were doing worktime briefings in our own homes now !
If RM send me any more of these I will personally roll it up and shove it up Moyas' Pension Hole. I'm booking 3 hours overtime tomorrow. 5 minutes for reading it and 2 hours 55 for the anger and incredulity !!
What a nerve !!
I didn't realise we were doing worktime briefings in our own homes now !
If RM send me any more of these I will personally roll it up and shove it up Moyas' Pension Hole. I'm booking 3 hours overtime tomorrow. 5 minutes for reading it and 2 hours 55 for the anger and incredulity !!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
BB brother wrote:Has anyone else had one of those letters on Scanning sent to their house today ?
What a nerve !!
I didn't realise we were doing worktime briefings in our own homes now !
If RM send me any more of these I will personally roll it up and shove it up Moyas' Pension Hole. I'm booking 3 hours overtime tomorrow. 5 minutes for reading it and 2 hours 55 for the anger and incredulity !!
I got one and was IHR 2.5 weeks ago!! I am waiting to be notified of what happens to my shares and the forms to dispose of them (if this is what happens) so I was eagerly awaiting a letter from RM - I saw this on the mat and thought I could get the ball rolling and it was some pointless piece of sh*t about scanning! I was fuming, ripped it in half as soon as I saw 'scanning' on the envelope and never even read it.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Scan-dal
BB brother wrote:Has anyone else had one of those letters on Scanning sent to their house today ?
What a nerve !!
I didn't realise we were doing worktime briefings in our own homes now !
If RM send me any more of these I will personally roll it up and shove it up Moyas' Pension Hole. I'm booking 3 hours overtime tomorrow. 5 minutes for reading it and 2 hours 55 for the anger and incredulity !!
You should have read it, it would have been much quicker than to go to the time and effort to come on here and tell us all how unhappy you were.
Good to know your thinking of the company in you own time
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
But still no info given as to the continuing saga re 2D bar codes. AFAIK the only users of these 2D tracks are RM themselves. Neither the sender nor the receiver sees the information given each time we scan the 2D bar codes. Whenever our office dips below 90% of these test scans then it is woe, woe and thrice woe in WTL. Really RM....Even had a LINO come to our paired duty to let us know that we had missed 1 of these 2D codes otherwise we would have got 100%. Wow the disappointment of it all was too hard to bear. 
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
In our office the word is that the majority of 2D barcode scan failures are barcodes that have been placed around corners on the packet (ie: boxes). I've seen this myself. The only way you're likely to get a barcode scanned correctly in this situation is by actually ripping the label off the box. But I don't think any of us will be doing this anytime soon.
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
And we are told we need to be saving money ?, and this crap arrives on our doorsteps !, the manger who thougth this up could be got rid of theres a money saving stright away, oh wait up how about a major cull of the dead wood managers who fu ck around trying to prove that their job is needed ?.
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
It amazes me how much RM waste sending unsolicited crap to their own workforce! Whilst I understand scanning is of some importance, if the ruddy thing doesn't scan after three attempts then it doesn't get scanned simple as that!
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Scan-dal
I posted a small packet today, 1st time in years, it had one of these 2D bar codes on it, there is no tracking information on my receipt from the post office. I have come to the conclusion they are just bullshit and a waste of time, certainly won't loose any sleep over any that don't scan from now on. I was under the impression you could check if it had been delivered.
I have to say, I agree with the original post, why on earth would I read about this at home in my time? I didn't even open it, straight in the bin. When I am at work I will take an interest, when my duty ends and I walk out of the door I couldn't care less.
I have to say, I agree with the original post, why on earth would I read about this at home in my time? I didn't even open it, straight in the bin. When I am at work I will take an interest, when my duty ends and I walk out of the door I couldn't care less.
Last edited by Surreypostie on 14 Sep 2016, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.