ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anvil footwear

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by eastie »

Been working at RM for 12 years and never a problem with footwear until I have been given these Anvil boots .
My heels are on fire when I finish my round and cant put any weight on the heels and they feel bruised.
Anyone else had this problem?
max power
Posts: 113
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 21:30

Anvil footwear

Post by max power »

eastie wrote:Been working at RM for 12 years and never a problem with footwear until I have been given these Anvil boots .
My heels are on fire when I finish my round and cant put any weight on the heels and they feel bruised.
Anyone else had this problem?
same here they are s**t and heavy no movement in them
i get on better with the yds ones
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4109
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by ted_e_bear »

Yes they're sh*t, my feet hurt like hell after wearing them for a five hr walk, the yds have a bit softer soles and the grip is excellent even on snow and ice as opposed to anvils which are nearly as bad as the previous cat trainers.
rumble1234
Posts: 58
Joined: 07 Dec 2010, 11:52
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by rumble1234 »

Yes they are the worst shoes rm have ever had.get a doctor's note and wear your own
dav1524
Posts: 64
Joined: 22 Aug 2010, 14:12
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by dav1524 »

eastie wrote:Been working at RM for 12 years and never a problem with footwear until I have been given these Anvil boots .
My heels are on fire when I finish my round and cant put any weight on the heels and they feel bruised.
Anyone else had this problem?
Yes same here feet sore and burning never had a problem with cat trainers i also ended up with corns on my little toes never had any trouble with my feet in my life before i started wearing anvils i put them in the bin and use my own trainers now.
Postie_Rob
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Jul 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by Postie_Rob »

I've worked for RM for 28 years and never had any problem with footwear until recently when i had some Anvil shoes. My feet were covered with blisters after wearing these Anvil shoes. In the end I told my manager I couldn't wear them and he ordered some Magnum shoes instead.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Anvil footwear

Post by Shaders »

The last six months or so I've really suffered with my heels aching, especially when getting out of bed in the morning.
Low and behold, I have Anvils, never had a problem before except for the obvious tired feet.
Time for a change I think.
UsernameAlreadyInUse
Posts: 29
Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
Gender: Female

Anvil footwear

Post by UsernameAlreadyInUse »

The Anvils gave me foot ache and shin flints, even after trying to wear them in. The YDS ones are so much more comfortable, even if they do look like flippers on large feet.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Anvil footwear

Post by Nondescript »

The clue is in the name Anvil - it's like strapping two large, heavy, hard wearing dollops of metal to your feet. Apparently the next line of RM footwear has been codenamed crucifixion.