ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postie12345
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 16:55
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by postie12345 »

.
Last edited by postie12345 on 13 Sep 2016, 16:49, edited 4 times in total.
weary_posty
Posts: 225
Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by weary_posty »

I'm sure you could approach your manager and he will go above and beyond to service your request. Like him, you are a human with a life outside of Royal Mail.


Failing that, you could go out for dinner to think it over. Just make sure it's somewhere reputable as it would be terrible for you to end up with the runs the day before you're due to leave. If this were to happen you are self certified up to a week.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by rehabron »

.
Last edited by rehabron on 13 Sep 2016, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by Postie45 »

looking back at your posts you have identified yourself as you have given specific details about yourself in the past. Any ideas about calling in sick is a big no-no.
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by feduppostie »

I would beg people to swap/work their days off ( ie if you need 3 days find 3 people that have those days off) it means you wont get a day off for a few weeks but will get to go - or offer to pay someone if no takers - if you have favourable days off ( or any annual leave) around Xmas or New Year maybe more people would be interested??? Just make sure you make it official and put in the swap book, you could put it on your notice board?
postie12345
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 16:55
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by postie12345 »

.
Last edited by postie12345 on 11 Oct 2016, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

I need time off at short notice... suggestions?

Post by PHARRY »

postie12345 wrote:Hi guys, cheers for the responses.

Absolutely, no sickie plans for reasons suggested - possible identification and of course management getting international phone codes!

Will broach the subject tomorrow and just be honest. 99% sure I won't be successful - relationship with management is a bit frosty, not on my part - but hey ho.

I'll be able to see said friends another time, the opportunities are just infrequent due to their hectic lives.

Thanks again.
Get rid of friends you don't need them