So for the first time today I was giving a loop extra in addition to my 6 but did not get to do it. I already was over my 6 HR (usually 9-3 but manager told me to come at 8) and I finished at 15.10... As well as limping my last loop due to a stinging nettle incident lol...is it frowned upon if I don't get it done....I've only completed loops twice so far but going over my time.., or if working with someone they usually want to cut off and send loops back ..
I've only been here 4 weeks and don't want it to affect my job or losing it...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Absorption
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Absorption
youre supposed to tell a manager before you leave the office if you dont think you`ll complete everything you take out (including absorption)
It is frowned upon to returrn mail but you did youre hours, its just that if you tell them beforehand you cover yourself. As youre still new i cant see it being an issue. Maybe find out what other people do who you know return mail, each office can be very different for a lot of the "rules"
It is frowned upon to returrn mail but you did youre hours, its just that if you tell them beforehand you cover yourself. As youre still new i cant see it being an issue. Maybe find out what other people do who you know return mail, each office can be very different for a lot of the "rules"
-
PBgirl
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 12:10
- Gender: Female
Absorption
I just don't get it, they know I never complete on time, I guess it's on rotation maybe... I would have done it if I wasn't limping but the pain was horrid....still hurts now 5 hrs later...I'm doing my best, trying to walking faster, trying to get mail in postbox quicker..I suppose practice makes almost perfect
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Absorption
When you were given it, what did you say? You should have just said sorry can't do overtime today.PBgirl wrote:So for the first time today I was giving a loop extra.
That's irrelevant. They want the stuff delivered and will try anything and anybody. Just tell them you haven't got time and can't do overtime. If they say you should have time, just refer them to your previous day/week whatever, when yet again you didn't complete on time, and felt obliged to do overtime. Just stand firm, you can't do overtime today.PBgirl wrote:I just don't get it, they know I never complete on time
-
wiltim7
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Absorption
don't worry you wont lose your job because they cant get people to stay once they find out what the job is really like...I mean who in their right mind would put up with the shite they feed you at royal mail
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Absorption
just tell them if they pester you to take it out that you will ring him an hour before your finish and tell him you are bringing it back . I f he doesn't answer when you ring him or her up STILL bring it back and put it on his desk and log your call you made when he moans next day to cover your ass
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Absorption
you may have to do this on your pda but certainly not on your own phone.eastie wrote:just tell them if they pester you to take it out that you will ring him an hour before your finish and tell him you are bringing it back . I f he doesn't answer when you ring him or her up STILL bring it back and put it on his desk and log your call you made when he moans next day to cover your ass