ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Suspended
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Suspended
Hi,
Have been on suspension w pay for almost 3 months for an accident involving the handbrake. No other parties were involved. I've not heard anything from my manager since the end of June. Although it's nice to be paid and not have to go to work, it's not doing my mental health any favours worrying whether I'll still have a job or not. How much longer am I expected to wait before they let me know what's going on... Surely they should've sorted it out by now?
Have been on suspension w pay for almost 3 months for an accident involving the handbrake. No other parties were involved. I've not heard anything from my manager since the end of June. Although it's nice to be paid and not have to go to work, it's not doing my mental health any favours worrying whether I'll still have a job or not. How much longer am I expected to wait before they let me know what's going on... Surely they should've sorted it out by now?
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Suspended
Can fully understand the situation you are in by not hearing anything from the company in 3 months which according to the details in your post that this was due to an accident involving the handbrake and no other parties were involved which I trust you are including property damage then I would have expected RM to have investigated the accident by now. I am assuming that you have had a fact finding interview and based on that have decided to precautionary suspend you. It is advisable that the company should be writing to you at various periods notifying you from the original suspension letter giving dates for extending suspension as this could in fact be considered as a wrongful dismissal. To suspend you from working on a handbrake accident then I am surprised that they have made this decision as a suspension from driving duties would have been more appropriate and not having to pay you full wages for being at home. This type of suspension is if they feel that you may be a risk to other employees or interfere with the investigation but on the information you have given I don't think this applies. If you have an unblemished record and the accident is a first then with union assistance you should be able to avoid a dismissal. That being the case if RM want to keep paying you your full wages while they dither over making any sort of a decision then although for peace of mind it will be hard but relax and enjoy the break. You have a right to contact your union rep to be kept up to date on how things are progressing.Jpro747 wrote:Hi,
Have been on suspension w pay for almost 3 months for an accident involving the handbrake. No other parties were involved. I've not heard anything from my manager since the end of June. Although it's nice to be paid and not have to go to work, it's not doing my mental health any favours worrying whether I'll still have a job or not. How much longer am I expected to wait before they let me know what's going on... Surely they should've sorted it out by now?
-
Binsey
- Posts: 390
- Joined: 14 Aug 2015, 17:33
- Gender: Male
Suspended
Spigot bearing wrote:What really annoys me is that drivers have a hell of a lot more responsibility but get no extra pay, it really gets me.
You do it was included in Basic Pay in the Way Forward Agreement in 2000. Seen to remenber it was about £6.30 before that.....
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Suspended
So non drivers should be paid more for walking further and reserves for having to have more knowledge of eqch duty and also people who have to do sorting that,in a lot of cases are also reserves becuase people who have been there years don't know it.dont be sillySpigot bearing wrote:Because of the extra responsibility you div.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Suspended
Your suspension is supposed to be reviewed on a regular basis. Three months is absurd, where is your union rep and why is he not raising merry hell. Disgusting treatment. Still,as they have broken their own procedures , how can they pursue conduct?Jpro747 wrote:Hi,
Have been on suspension w pay for almost 3 months for an accident involving the handbrake. No other parties were involved. I've not heard anything from my manager since the end of June. Although it's nice to be paid and not have to go to work, it's not doing my mental health any favours worrying whether I'll still have a job or not. How much longer am I expected to wait before they let me know what's going on... Surely they should've sorted it out by now?
-
pants123
Suspended
Jpro747 wrote:Cheers guys. Just seems mental that they're quite happy to waste money suspending gtsomeone on full pay for months, yet when you try claiming a bit of overtime they flip out. What planet is this company on
Clearly.. they have absolutely no common sense what so ever......... the word DIM comes to mind...