there was a big pow wow in our sector last week resulting in the Director telling the DSM's and DOM's that if anyone is caught doorstepping it will go straight to Conduct resulting in a 1 year, 2 year serious on your record or a dismissal.
the crux of it was the Director asked everyone how many posties would still be working in our sector this time next year. The DSM's / DOM's said around 100%.
the answer was 90% of them as he wants people out of a job to save money.
being the Rep in our office I have advised everyone to bring EVERYTHING back that can't be delivered properly as I will not be able to help them if they get caught doorstepping.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Straight to Conduct
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Straight to Conduct
I know 80-90% of the time were trying to help out the customer by leaving the parcel for them,,,,,but a heck of a lot of the time it bites you back.
is it worth it......I get called rotten by the lads in the parcel room for bringing so much back....they tell me they'll never be out of work....but so what im happy ive tried the parcels on delivery
is it worth it......I get called rotten by the lads in the parcel room for bringing so much back....they tell me they'll never be out of work....but so what im happy ive tried the parcels on delivery
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Straight to Conduct
You're helping them if you put it in a safe place ( out of sight of the road, undercover and with their agreement ) but you're not helping them doorstepping a parcel.centenaryman wrote:I know 80-90% of the time were trying to help out the customer by leaving the parcel for them,,,,,but a heck of a lot of the time it bites you back.
is it worth it......I get called rotten by the lads in the parcel room for bringing so much back....they tell me they'll never be out of work....but so what im happy ive tried the parcels on delivery
Colleagues of mine that doorstep parcels solely do so to save themselves time.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Straight to Conduct
if a customer wants you to leave parcels unattended maybe we should write up a legal document you can hand to them to sign stating that if you are dismissed for leaving parcels they will pay your wages.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Straight to Conduct
just do the job properly and if they not in just bring them back no problems , don't give the dims an excuse to throw stuff at you ,
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Straight to Conduct
Oddly we had our dom saying we could leave Sky activation tracked parcels literally on the front door step, as if they get stolen, they won't be of use to anyone else...
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Straight to Conduct
Serious question, what is a '1 year, 2 year serious'?doorstepped wrote:there was a big pow wow in our sector last week resulting in the Director telling the DSM's and DOM's that if anyone is caught doorstepping it will go straight to Conduct resulting in a 1 year, 2 year serious on your record or a dismissal.
the crux of it was the Director asked everyone how many posties would still be working in our sector this time next year. The DSM's / DOM's said around 100%.
the answer was 90% of them as he wants people out of a job to save money.
being the Rep in our office I have advised everyone to bring EVERYTHING back that can't be delivered properly as I will not be able to help them if they get caught doorstepping.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Straight to Conduct
basically - f,.. Up in the year, (or 2 years) especially on a similar matter as the warning. You will be toast.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.