ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
advice please
-
jogga
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 17:04
advice please
Just wondered if anybody could give me a bit of advice, I’m in the union but the reps away at the moment
I committed what I think was a small indiscretion, I put three ripped leaflets I found in my bag in a customers wheelie bin, unfortunately the customer saw and reported me. The DOM now says I will more than likely get sacked for it, seems a bit harsh to me, especially as I’ve a clean record over the last 11 years I’ve been there.
Any constructive advice would be welcome
I committed what I think was a small indiscretion, I put three ripped leaflets I found in my bag in a customers wheelie bin, unfortunately the customer saw and reported me. The DOM now says I will more than likely get sacked for it, seems a bit harsh to me, especially as I’ve a clean record over the last 11 years I’ve been there.
Any constructive advice would be welcome
-
Mightyaj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 09 Dec 2009, 21:25
- Gender: Male
advice please
When you say leaflets, you mean door to doors?
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
advice please
I am assuming that these leaflets have no actual addressees printed on them and therefore you have not failed to deliver these items. If the three ripped leaflets contained addresses but were so badly torn that the address was not distinguishable then RM would have to provide sufficient evidence that the leaflets were still capable of being delivered but unless they find the contents of the wheelie bin there case isn't strong enough for a dismissal. If RM next state that by your actions that they have failed to deliver three items that they have charged the distributor for again there is insufficient evidence due to the volumes involved that they have a strong case. If they argue that you invaded the customers property ( wheelie bin) then this is done on a day to day basis in trying to effect a first time delivery. On the contents of your posting and with 11 years of an unblemished record then your DOM comments of you will more than likely get the sack is OTT and I would not let him get to you with the comments. If this progresses further your union rep should be able to kick this right into touch.jogga wrote:Just wondered if anybody could give me a bit of advice, I’m in the union but the reps away at the moment
I committed what I think was a small indiscretion, I put three ripped leaflets I found in my bag in a customers wheelie bin, unfortunately the customer saw and reported me. The DOM now says I will more than likely get sacked for it, seems a bit harsh to me, especially as I’ve a clean record over the last 11 years I’ve been there.
Any constructive advice would be welcome
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
advice please
If they are threatening dismissal then the Area Delivery Rep should be involved at some point. I would suggest calling them and briefing them on the situation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
advice please
What you mean is you picked up some litter and put it into a bin you did not know they were R/M leaflets or you would have left them on the floor.
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
advice please
How comes it takes so long to answer the door when half the bu##### are looking out of the window.
-
jogga
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 17:04
advice please
OK, thanks for the advice and reassurance, I've e-mailed the area Rep to let him know whats happening.
Goning to have to face the music on my own tomorrow though as no rep available, unless somebody is covering for him.
All this hassell over a few D2D's
Goning to have to face the music on my own tomorrow though as no rep available, unless somebody is covering for him.
All this hassell over a few D2D's
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
advice please
Tell the DOM you aren't prepared for a meeting without representation. DO NOT go in by yourself under any circumstances.jogga wrote:OK, thanks for the advice and reassurance, I've e-mailed the area Rep to let him know whats happening.
Goning to have to face the music on my own tomorrow though as no rep available, unless somebody is covering for him.
All this hassell over a few D2D's
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
advice please
Ive heard of a similar case in our office and it resulted in dismissal so be very careful.
Sounds like you've admitted it already so…
Get in touch with Area Rep ASAP. And don't ever go in any 'meeting' without good Union representation. In fact it might be best if you inform them that you only want your Area Rep present with you instead of your local Rep. Reason for this is because they probably work elsewhere, whereas, if its your local rep your DOM can just call them up to the office on the day. It might just put them off. Its your job at stake.
Sounds like you've admitted it already so…
Get in touch with Area Rep ASAP. And don't ever go in any 'meeting' without good Union representation. In fact it might be best if you inform them that you only want your Area Rep present with you instead of your local Rep. Reason for this is because they probably work elsewhere, whereas, if its your local rep your DOM can just call them up to the office on the day. It might just put them off. Its your job at stake.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
advice please
I must admit I have done similar,gone to open someones gate,didn't see the birdshit that was all over it and my hand got covered in it,so I used a couple of pizza leaflets to remove it,what else are you supposed to do
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
jogga
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 17:04
advice please
ok thanks I'll make sure I'm fully represented
-
jogga
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 17:04
advice please
had my interview with the DOM, he's not budging on anything, I've resigned myself to getting the sack now
never mind
never mind
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
advice please
It seems you were doing the householder a favour by picking up some litter you found outside their property, next time leave it on the floor to blow into their garden.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
advice please
Tell me you took a rep or someone in with youjogga wrote:had my interview with the DOM, he's not budging on anything, I've resigned myself to getting the sack now
never mind