Hi all,
For someone with 5 years service on a full time contract what is the notice period?
Hoping to time it with being able to sell the shares and then leave.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice Period/Shares
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Notice Period/Shares
Just one week I believe
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Notice Period/Shares
Wow, just one weeks notice will go down well with my manager!

-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Notice Period/Shares
be aware you won't be able to sell all your shares when the window opens, you'll probably lose quite a few if it's then when you're planning on leaving
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period/Shares
korky wrote:be aware you won't be able to sell all your shares when the window opens, you'll probably lose quite a few if it's then when you're planning on leaving
Spot on you only get to keep the first 613 shares - the rest - up to 300 with the SIP2016 due, will be forfeited.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
SchizoHammer
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 03:46
- Gender: Male
Notice Period/Shares
Just flicking through and thought it worth to mention that it depends on your contract.
A recent 25 hour contract states under section 13.2
'It you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four weeks notice if weekly paid or one months notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice in whole or in part.'
As far as I read that, it's pretty clear that at least 4 weeks notice is required unless you agree with your DOM to waive the requirement and possibly have it sanctioned by the area manager too.
A recent 25 hour contract states under section 13.2
'It you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four weeks notice if weekly paid or one months notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice in whole or in part.'
As far as I read that, it's pretty clear that at least 4 weeks notice is required unless you agree with your DOM to waive the requirement and possibly have it sanctioned by the area manager too.
-
2214MN
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Notice Period/Shares
Thanks for the replies. Found out today I was successful with the interview I had so hoping they will let me start a bit later so I can sell my shares.
Does anyone know what holiday I'm entitled to, I've been on a career break so will only have worked 4 months when I leave in October. Apparently I was entitled to the full 4 weeks holiday until March even though I would only have been here half the holiday year, would be nice if I'm still entitled to those 4 weeks before I leave but I'm guessing I wouldn't be?
Does anyone know what holiday I'm entitled to, I've been on a career break so will only have worked 4 months when I leave in October. Apparently I was entitled to the full 4 weeks holiday until March even though I would only have been here half the holiday year, would be nice if I'm still entitled to those 4 weeks before I leave but I'm guessing I wouldn't be?
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Notice Period/Shares
My contact states 1 weeks notice,so I guess it depends on the date contract is issued.