I do a P/L round and my partner left last year and his frame has been permanently on lapsing ever since.
On our round we have 5 boxes that need emptying, 3 on mine and 2 on the other round that is now permanently lapsed.
We have now started on the new PDA's and had been adhocing the boxes on the lapsed round.
We had the Collections Manager come in the other day and was moaning about 2 boxes failing everyday on lapsed round.
I was questioned by my DOM and I told him I was adhocing the 2 boxes on my lapsed round because they aren't on my round .
DOM said about using another PDA to log in on the lapsed round to do the boxes on the lapsed round but I told him that I couldn't log into 2 PDA's at the same time.
How do you get around this as I am not logging in on another PDA with someone elses name.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question regardng collections
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Question regardng collections
get a Log in with your name with a 1 added at end ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Question regardng collections
I'd be asking why they are still your responsibility.
If we're lapsing a duty that has a box collection on it the support (packet) driver does it, as well as the specials that are on it.
If we're lapsing a duty that has a box collection on it the support (packet) driver does it, as well as the specials that are on it.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Question regardng collections
The packets are taken by the people lapsing there vis no support packet driver whatever that is , and I have to take the specials for both frames on my P/L . They give me less lapsing for doing thiscrazyshrew wrote:I'd be asking why they are still your responsibility.
If we're lapsing a duty that has a box collection on it the support (packet) driver does it, as well as the specials that are on it.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Question regardng collections
I have personally noticed that collection adhoc has failed me on two occasions since we moved to the new PDAs. When I tell DOM I adhoc collected at the box he asks me what comes up on the screen, 'do you want to add this to your collection', box details and did I press submit. Nothing more is said.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Question regardng collections
that is what I told them but the Collections manager said it failedScousePostie wrote:I have personally noticed that collection adhoc has failed me on two occasions since we moved to the new PDAs. When I tell DOM I adhoc collected at the box he asks me what comes up on the screen, 'do you want to add this to your collection', box details and did I press submit. Nothing more is said.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Question regardng collections
So two of royal mails finest could not come up with a solution and your going to sort it out for the fools that are supposed to do this let the collections fail as the managers are incompetent at best and not fit for purpose negligent and lazy at worst!
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Question regardng collections
I do a support driver duty with firm deliveries and specials.I am delivering to a new housing estate which will have 1000 house on it but at present there are about 50.Manager tried to get me to do collections and I Saud fine and handed him back the mail for the estate.We have so many casuals that there just isn't time to do them.crazyshrew wrote:I'd be asking why they are still your responsibility.
If we're lapsing a duty that has a box collection on it the support (packet) driver does it, as well as the specials that are on it.
Slider tool. Lol.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Question regardng collections
you need to take a copy of the lapsed duty's collection barcode out with you, so that when you get to the lapsed boxes, you log out of your own collection and log onto the lapsed collection. It's a total pain in the arse, I had to do something similar a while ago, and some days it was taking over 5 mins for the lapsed duty's collection to register on the PDA 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Question regardng collections
Why can not a manager merge the two collections together? when these two people who do the duty are off it will fail again why solve a problem for lazy manager's who cannot do the job!Nondescript wrote:you need to take a copy of the lapsed duty's collection barcode out with you, so that when you get to the lapsed boxes, you log out of your own collection and log onto the lapsed collection. It's a total pain in the arse, I had to do something similar a while ago, and some days it was taking over 5 mins for the lapsed duty's collection to register on the PDA
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Question regardng collections
Just refuse to empty them.... don't do your lapsing... and come back on your time.