Right this is a bit confusing so hoping someone can help.
I started at Royal mail almost 3 years ago on a 25 hr contract. Just over 12 months ago I applied for a vacancy for a 39hr role which I got. My contract was increased to 35hrs and I book 4hrs a week to make it up. This role was a reserve also covering Hybrid duties.
Now, a few walks have gone up on the board to apply for. Would I be able to apply for these only a year after I changed my role and had my contract hours changed? My DOM is telling me I have to wait 4 years before I can apply again. This seems a long time and not sure if it's correct.
Thanks in advance.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Applying for vacant walk
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Applying for vacant walk
get your rep involved.
Its 12 months you have to stay on a duty outside of a revision before you can be considered or apply for another.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The Way Forward Agreement (yes it is still applicable)
Part 6 - Way of working
Its 12 months you have to stay on a duty outside of a revision before you can be considered or apply for another.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; The Way Forward Agreement (yes it is still applicable)
Part 6 - Way of working
14.9 Employees taking up internally-advertised posts will be dedicated to them for a minimum of12 months. No applications for job moves will be considered during that period, unless they are:
For specialist posts;
As a result of serious personal or domestic reasons, following discussions with local CWU representatives.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Applying for vacant walk
Tbt's post answers your question but just wondering what's this 35hrs plus 4hrs ot shite all about surely you should have got a 39hr contract !
-
Gil77uk
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 06 Nov 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Applying for vacant walk
I thought as much. Thanks for the advice.
As for the 35hr instead of 39hr. They (including my rep) said that would be the best I would get offered. Basically told to take it or leave it.
As for the 35hr instead of 39hr. They (including my rep) said that would be the best I would get offered. Basically told to take it or leave it.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Applying for vacant walk
Put in a stage 2 grievanceGil77uk wrote:I thought as much. Thanks for the advice.
As for the 35hr instead of 39hr. They (including my rep) said that would be the best I would get offered. Basically told to take it or leave it.
-
Kick the Bucket
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 14 Sep 2015, 19:22
- Gender: Male
Applying for vacant walk
Or better yet, work those 35 hours and nothing more. That'll really hurt them :)Creditshampoo wrote:Put in a stage 2 grievanceGil77uk wrote:I thought as much. Thanks for the advice.
As for the 35hr instead of 39hr. They (including my rep) said that would be the best I would get offered. Basically told to take it or leave it.