ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDAs and customers
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Anyone else wonder what numpty designed the 'customer signature screen'? For those who sign without resting their hand down it's great, but for those customers who do rest their hand (and as such touch the screen with their hand) the pen doesn't work
I'm sick of having to advise the customers "please don't touch the screen with your hand or the pen won't work" Its a bad design that needs addressing, drives me nuts!!
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
It'll be overlooked as a non-issue because you're only supposed to be passing the pen to the customer.
But yeah, its like, "Morning, I just need a signature for this parcel, love...DONT TOUCH THE F-ING SCREEN!!!"
But yeah, its like, "Morning, I just need a signature for this parcel, love...DONT TOUCH THE F-ING SCREEN!!!"
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
I've had this numerous times now. Most people just say to me, that pen isn't working and use their finger instead. Funny really.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
New PDAs and customers
Not seen a new PDA yet, but I've always had this problem with the old one. That and them turning round as "it was upside down" - no it wasn't, but it is now!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Anyone accidentally pressed navigation then had to endure constant reminders of how you're driving in a restricted area.. Annoying
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Yeah get this myself, mainly with the older generation who rest their hand on the screen then take ages cos it doesn't actually look like their signature. Can't really say just do a squiggle no one gives a fook what it looks like !
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Terrible machines, faults galore.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
I get this with at least half the people who try to use them. Most of the time they write, see that nothing is happening, but keep on going and then hand it back and ask "did it work?".
Also I've had so many items where I scan them, post them through, and then the barcode has mysteriously disappeared from the PDA. I know I haven't accidentally pressed something, because it's done it when the PDA has been sat on the charger in the van. Not to mention the right side scan button randomly doubling up as a volume button (which doesn't actually do anything to turn down the distress beacon beep that can be heard in a 3 mile radius).
Also I've had so many items where I scan them, post them through, and then the barcode has mysteriously disappeared from the PDA. I know I haven't accidentally pressed something, because it's done it when the PDA has been sat on the charger in the van. Not to mention the right side scan button randomly doubling up as a volume button (which doesn't actually do anything to turn down the distress beacon beep that can be heard in a 3 mile radius).
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Don't know about the delivery mode but in the modes we use them in MCs, as soon as you scan an item it sends the data off unless it has lost the signal
-
swindonandy
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Hold down the power button at the top till the menu appears. Along the bottom of the Off/Reset etc is on the left a "mute" icon. Press this.stan_lers wrote:Not to mention the right side scan button randomly doubling up as a volume button (which doesn't actually do anything to turn down the distress beacon beep that can be heard in a 3 mile radius).
-
Spigot bearing
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 18 Dec 2015, 16:22
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Too true, scanning regs you need to count how many appear on the screen as on a few occasions I've had some beep but not show up on screen! WTF is going on with these sh1te things?stan_lers wrote:I get this with at least half the people who try to use them. Most of the time they write, see that nothing is happening, but keep on going and then hand it back and ask "did it work?".
Also I've had so many items where I scan them, post them through, and then the barcode has mysteriously disappeared from the PDA. I know I haven't accidentally pressed something, because it's done it when the PDA has been sat on the charger in the van. Not to mention the right side scan button randomly doubling up as a volume button (which doesn't actually do anything to turn down the distress beacon beep that can be heard in a 3 mile radius).
-
Robotpostie
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 18:18
- Gender: Male
New PDAs and customers
Yeah I had that with the bar code number disappearing off the screen before getting chance to hit submit. Also some of ours in our office including mine eventually pack up after loads of rain, and won't switch back on or switches on then switches off again. Think rain gets in by battery and is OK after drying out.