Im a reserve and have been with RM for over 3yrs now and the rotas never go up until Friday or even Saturday so I never get to find out when my day out is until then. Ive spoken to the rep about it and he says Rotas should be up around 4 weeks in advance and I think its bang out of order I can't arrange anything even simple things such as arranging for a delivery to my home or the BT man coming (as an example) because I can't guarantee i'll be in. The other week we had a 3 day cover man leave to pastures new and i'm next in line from reserve to coverman which would give me a better insight of what my days off will be each week but even that has not been advertised.
I was wondering if this is a normal practice of RM to put rotas up at the last minute for the interest of the reserves or do you or your reserve collegues usually get better notice than me. If its the latter then i'm going to start kicking off about it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting 48hrs notice for next day out. Can anyone relate to this?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
-
camelelf
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 17 Oct 2015, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Getting 48hrs notice for next day out. Can anyone relate to this?
Our office rota for the following week are always put up on Friday or Saturday, never seen it up earlier. It's strange because the rota sheet is always done on Tuesday as I asked the lino that does it.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Getting 48hrs notice for next day out. Can anyone relate to this?
Sane here. Sometimes it isn't even up on Saturday and I never know what duty I am on until my start time that day. Ntver had along weekend in years. Pointless talking to the rep or Dom. Area reps couldn't give a toss either.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Getting 48hrs notice for next day out. Can anyone relate to this?
You will not want to hear this,but I had this for nearly 10 years and after going to doms,to lino's and multiple Union reps,absolutely nothing at all was ever done.i went as long as 9 months without a Saturday and 2 years or so without a proper long weekend and also not knowing what my day off was until the Saturday's on returning to the office.ive got a duty now but it does not change the ridiculous situation that people find themselves in with this and it should be a regular rotating day for everyone.joke is not the word for it,maybe shambles suits it better.
-
Speedmeister
- Posts: 119
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Getting 48hrs notice for next day out. Can anyone relate to this?
Yep, same here. My old line manager used to do the rotas for about 3-4 weeks in advance but now it's usually put up Thursday/Friday - it's just laziness or incompetence that causes it. The managers would soon moan if I did my job in such an incompetent manner. 
They take the profits, you take the blame
When they tell you there's no rise in pay
When they tell you there's no rise in pay