ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PART DAY ABSCENCE
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
Hi,I had a part dy abscence 6 weeks ago,I twisted my ankle on delivery and left work at 12pm,I was due off at 2pm.I resumed the next day,Now i have had ot go off sick with conjunctivitis,I have had 5 days and resumint work tomorrow,Will this count as 2 abscences and put me on a stage 2 warning? I have never had a part day abscence before and was wondering will it count as a sick day?
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
As long as it was put down aso a part day then it won't count.
If you get a letter about a stage 2 get the union in the meeting
If you get a letter about a stage 2 get the union in the meeting
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
This will be recorded as a part absence and will be discounted from absences calculation. As you have stated that your part day absence was isolated then there will be no problem. It's when there are regular part day absences being taken that this comes under scrutiny and employees would have been interviewed by management with their concerns over the amount of part day absences taken and will be informed that further part day absences will be counted in the attendance procedure.Theghost wrote:Hi,I had a part dy abscence 6 weeks ago,I twisted my ankle on delivery and left work at 12pm,I was due off at 2pm.I resumed the next day,Now i have had ot go off sick with conjunctivitis,I have had 5 days and resumint work tomorrow,Will this count as 2 abscences and put me on a stage 2 warning? I have never had a part day abscence before and was wondering will it count as a sick day?
In your circumstances you are ok.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wallfishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
And you told them this??????Theghost wrote:It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wallfishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
![]()
![]()
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
PART DAY ABSCENCE
No,The bloke who's wall i jumped over did.fishtank wrote:And you told them this??????Theghost wrote:It was an accident on duty,But my fault,I was taking a short cut jumping over a wallfishtank wrote:If you twisted your ankle at work it should have been recorded with dear old ERICA as an accident on duty, it shouldn't count whether it was a part day absence or not.
![]()
![]()