ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Notice Period/Shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Notice Period/Shares

Post by 2214MN »

Hi all,

For someone with 5 years service on a full time contract what is the notice period?

Hoping to time it with being able to sell the shares and then leave.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Notice Period/Shares

Post by Jpro747 »

Just one week I believe
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Notice Period/Shares

Post by 2214MN »

Wow, just one weeks notice will go down well with my manager! :chuckle :chuckle
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Notice Period/Shares

Post by korky »

be aware you won't be able to sell all your shares when the window opens, you'll probably lose quite a few if it's then when you're planning on leaving
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Notice Period/Shares

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

korky wrote:be aware you won't be able to sell all your shares when the window opens, you'll probably lose quite a few if it's then when you're planning on leaving

Spot on you only get to keep the first 613 shares - the rest - up to 300 with the SIP2016 due, will be forfeited.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
SchizoHammer
Posts: 12
Joined: 06 Oct 2015, 03:46
Gender: Male

Notice Period/Shares

Post by SchizoHammer »

Just flicking through and thought it worth to mention that it depends on your contract.
A recent 25 hour contract states under section 13.2

'It you wish to leave Royal Mail employment you must give four weeks notice if weekly paid or one months notice if monthly paid. Royal Mail may waive this notice in whole or in part.'

As far as I read that, it's pretty clear that at least 4 weeks notice is required unless you agree with your DOM to waive the requirement and possibly have it sanctioned by the area manager too.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Notice Period/Shares

Post by 2214MN »

Thanks for the replies. Found out today I was successful with the interview I had so hoping they will let me start a bit later so I can sell my shares.

Does anyone know what holiday I'm entitled to, I've been on a career break so will only have worked 4 months when I leave in October. Apparently I was entitled to the full 4 weeks holiday until March even though I would only have been here half the holiday year, would be nice if I'm still entitled to those 4 weeks before I leave but I'm guessing I wouldn't be?
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Notice Period/Shares

Post by nickbsmooth »

My contact states 1 weeks notice,so I guess it depends on the date contract is issued.