ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Footwear
-
PBgirl
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 12:10
- Gender: Female
Footwear
I logged into the uniform section and was presented with these footwear, I'm new to the job and wondering are these my only options or will it change the longer I'm here. What are your preferences and why???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Footwear
I get the yds and anvil when I log in,,,,,,,i don't see the cat trainers,,,,,thought they`d been done away with.
I can see a bike helmet on your picture,,,,i don't get that option,,,,did a few years ago.
my own personal choice is the magnum shoes,,,,great out the box BUT only last a month or 2 and soles wear out,,,,,,they yds trainers are my second choice but have to buy better insoles,,,,there hardon the underside of my feet.
I can see a bike helmet on your picture,,,,i don't get that option,,,,did a few years ago.
my own personal choice is the magnum shoes,,,,great out the box BUT only last a month or 2 and soles wear out,,,,,,they yds trainers are my second choice but have to buy better insoles,,,,there hardon the underside of my feet.
-
Layor Liam
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 08:45
- Gender: Male
Footwear
With today's weather those shoes would have been ideal for a feet roast.
However, I read that many in this forum prefer the Magnum ones. Years and years ago I had a pair of Dr Martens safety shoes, because they were cool, fashionable, but I didn't find them any comfy.
However, I read that many in this forum prefer the Magnum ones. Years and years ago I had a pair of Dr Martens safety shoes, because they were cool, fashionable, but I didn't find them any comfy.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Footwear
Your choice of Foot Wear doesn't increase the longer you're with RM. Although I'm surprised they haven't thought of that one. Perhaps Wooden Clogs for Newbies in order to save some money?
Personally I prefer the YDS Trainers. I've had a lot of foot problems (like most Posties) and I find they agree with me. They're more waterproof than some and they're fairly robust, when it comes to kicking doorsteps and kerbstones!
Like most of the "Trainer Type" footwear they'll probably only last you about 3 months.... (Which is great considering they only allow you 2 pairs a year, I believe)
You can always wear your own footwear, if you can't find any that agree with you. Then it's a toss up between whether you want to spend your own money, or whether you'd rather be uncomfortable. As they used to say in a well know quizz show, "The choice is up to you"!
Personally I prefer the YDS Trainers. I've had a lot of foot problems (like most Posties) and I find they agree with me. They're more waterproof than some and they're fairly robust, when it comes to kicking doorsteps and kerbstones!
You can always wear your own footwear, if you can't find any that agree with you. Then it's a toss up between whether you want to spend your own money, or whether you'd rather be uncomfortable. As they used to say in a well know quizz show, "The choice is up to you"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)