ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does it happen in your office ?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
im 39 hours,but on average work 43-45 hours a week,yet again I get my wage slip today and im down 1 hour 55 mins,for the want of a better word ive been conned yet again,same old same old,will go into office tomorrow and the dom will act surprised,will show him my overtime days that I write down every week,and he will put it onto next week,this happens to loads in our office,now they all write there hours down,most haven't done this for years and have probably been ripped off for years without knowing,we all know they like to keep the OT low so they can get a nice pat on the back and a nice bonus,this is really getting to me now.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Does it happen in your office ?
The same used to happen at our place every week until we all said we were not doing any more o/t, soon got sorted after that. 
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
The question is why are they allowed to get away with it? It's fraud which is a crime is it not? Makes you wonder who the spuds above these managers are, telling them they're doing a good job and handing out bonuses for harrassing staff, stealing wages, and falsifying figures. Management at RM is rotten to the core. 
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
They do it I'm afraid as they know people need the money and basically, you won't tell them to poke it! I'm absolutely positive it is done deliberately, if we made that many cock ups we would be counceled (can't spell that word) and edged out of the door if it kept happening.
-
tinkz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Does it happen in your office ?
They owed me 4 hours from two weeks ago, got 2 out of the 4 this week! No idea why only 2 have been paid as I was stood there when he put the 4 missing hours on the sheet!
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
Not surprised. If Royal Mail were to shortchange all the guys in our office an hour's overtime then thats a saving of roughly 120 hours and a saving of over a grand!! Makes the DOM look good don't it
If its a regular occurrence do not hesitate to e-mail Moya and complain that your hours are not being put through properly.
If its a regular occurrence do not hesitate to e-mail Moya and complain that your hours are not being put through properly.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
Standard really as I do plenty of OT with a low hours contract and book at least an hour each day but usually more like 2-4. Funny how every other week I'm missing either 15minutes or 30minutes when i never claim that little so must be knocked off intentionally as its that awkward amount that you don't feel like complaining about but over the course of a year probably adds up to 20hours saving. Sure I'm not the only one.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
Make a point of claiming it then if it's happening consistently.paul1231 wrote:Standard really as I do plenty of OT with a low hours contract and book at least an hour each day but usually more like 2-4. Funny how every other week I'm missing either 15minutes or 30minutes when i never claim that little so must be knocked off intentionally as its that awkward amount that you don't feel like complaining about but over the course of a year probably adds up to 20hours saving. Sure I'm not the only one.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
part timers in my office all have 26 hour contracts but actually work 26 1/2 hours been like that for last 2 years or so. DOM is a conman basically
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
I cannot understand why post people allow this to carry on. The first time they do it you take it up with the DOM and it should be put right immediately. If it isn,t or it occurs again you march into his office and refuse to do any overtime until he confirms in writing that you will be paid for all the hours you work. If you are owed any money at this point, you inform him that you will be taking three actions. 1/ Making a claim in the small claims court. 2/ Informing Moya Greene of your actions and the reasons why. 3/ Copying in his superior, the DSM. Believe me, you will not be short changed again. You go to work to be paid, not for the fun of it, and I know too well that there is no fun left in the job any more.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
I cannot understand why post people allow this to carry on. The first time they do it you take it up with the DOM and it should be put right immediately. If it isn,t or it occurs again you march into his office and refuse to do any overtime until he confirms in writing that you will be paid for all the hours you work. If you are owed any money at this point, you inform him that you will be taking three actions. 1/ Making a claim in the small claims court. 2/ Informing Moya Greene of your actions and the reasons why. 3/ Copying in his superior, the DSM. Believe me, you will not be short changed again. You go to work to be paid, not for the fun of it, and I know too well that there is no fun left in the job any more.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Does it happen in your office ?
It is easy for me to say the following as I am on a good contract (35 hours) and don't have a family to support....
But the bottom line is, this would be allowed to happen once to me, and would allow them the opportunity to rectify it. If this is 1) not rectified with immediate effect or 2) becomes a common occurence, then quite simply the management will be informed that I am no longer available for ANY overtime.
*As I say, I totally understand why such a course of action isn't really an option for guys/ girls on lower hours contracts and with many financial commitments to attend to. Just saying what my personal actions would be.
**On a similar theme, every xmas we are asked to move up to FT hours, which I do. Last xmas we were overpaid and when we had meeting to discuss options it was agreed overpayment would be repaid at a 10% of gross per week until debt was repaid. Lo and behold, next payslip every penny repaid. I wont now be moving up to FT hours at xmas, as a matter of principle.
But the bottom line is, this would be allowed to happen once to me, and would allow them the opportunity to rectify it. If this is 1) not rectified with immediate effect or 2) becomes a common occurence, then quite simply the management will be informed that I am no longer available for ANY overtime.
*As I say, I totally understand why such a course of action isn't really an option for guys/ girls on lower hours contracts and with many financial commitments to attend to. Just saying what my personal actions would be.
**On a similar theme, every xmas we are asked to move up to FT hours, which I do. Last xmas we were overpaid and when we had meeting to discuss options it was agreed overpayment would be repaid at a 10% of gross per week until debt was repaid. Lo and behold, next payslip every penny repaid. I wont now be moving up to FT hours at xmas, as a matter of principle.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Does it happen in your office ?
f you have a family to support then it becomes even more important to make sure that you are being paid properly. Whimp out of getting your just rewards and you are leaving yourself open to all management tricks and employment law manipulations.