ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Holiday forms / booking holiday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
flappybird
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 May 2014, 15:40
Gender: Female

Holiday forms / booking holiday

Post by flappybird »

Have other offices had their holiday forms handed out and needed to submit them already? Our initial 2 week selection had to be in today. Booking holiday through to 2018 already is absurd. We moved office 2 years ago and we use to get the forms later in the year, around late Sept/October time. Now we have moved and we have more people in our office it has come out earlier and earlier. I am just wondering if other people have had it already and what's the deal with this? I am pretty sure when we were told we were moving office nothing was said about having to book holidays an extra 2 months earlier than usual. It's impossible at this stage to book anything as no one else (unless your partner/friends all work in Royal Mail) book anything near this early on. This and the number of odd days you can build up throughout the year and then never actually get any of them when you want. Holiday in RM is a joke and you would never know it was so problematic.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Holiday forms / booking holiday

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

The pick starts next week in my unit.

All AL is supposed to be completed by October 31st.

I know a nearby unit that hadn't had their leave confirmed for the current year up until 4 weeks ago, THAT'S 3 MONTHS AFTER the leave year started.

Given the choice, I'd rather it was now than later.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.