ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
been with rm for under a year & not had any days off sick till this week.basically I hurt my back lifting a parcel & told management but not interested,doc put me on pills that didn't agree with me & made me quite sick on Sunday night so went sick on Monday.goes into work today to find 2 letters from the office one saying I won't get paid (obviously ) & the other about self certification.had my back to work interview & nothing was said so I'm not sure what I do now?
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
Don't worry - you can't trigger a stage and it's just a bit of paper to say why you were off that you filled/signed. Yes, you can't be paid unless 12 months completed service. It'll all be forgotten by now and it won't count against you unless you have 3 more separate absences in the next 6 months and/or 14 days sick.woking wrote:been with rm for under a year & not had any days off sick till this week.basically I hurt my back lifting a parcel & told management but not interested,doc put me on pills that didn't agree with me & made me quite sick on Sunday night so went sick on Monday.goes into work today to find 2 letters from the office one saying I won't get paid (obviously ) & the other about self certification.had my back to work interview & nothing was said so I'm not sure what I do now?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
They should have given you a form to fill in, but even if not just telling them you were sick is an act of self-certification.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
I wasn't given any form to fill in but thank you for your replies.working for this lot is a real worry sometimes,bit like school really.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
No, at school you'd eventually come away learning something.woking wrote:I wasn't given any form to fill in but thank you for your replies.working for this lot is a real worry sometimes,bit like school really.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
do I have to self cert for 1 day sick
When I have the odd sick day,nothing is said no return to work interview or anything. Probably too much work for someone.
Hopefully they can't be arsed to log it on the system either :D
Hopefully they can't be arsed to log it on the system either :D