15 months ago After working for Royal Mail for over 40 years I was offered and took VR / early retirement and was just wondering how long it is before I could apply to work for Royal again in a part time capacity?
Any help appreciated
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reapply timings after VR?
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Reapply timings after VR?
Are you mad?
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Reapply timings after VR?
Two years I think, although...
houseoflords wrote:Are you mad?
-
pants123
Reapply timings after VR?
I would never look back.... its only going to get worse...slider wrote:15 months ago After working for Royal Mail for over 40 years I was offered and took VR / early retirement and was just wondering how long it is before I could apply to work for Royal again in a part time capacity?
Any help appreciated
Thanks.
I suffer depression from the job.... but I know unskilled work else where is a lot worse....
40 years service.. with a pay off...
I'd be on the first plane to either Spain or Greece. .. till the day I depart this planet...
-
slider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 01 Feb 2007, 20:30
Reapply timings after VR?
[quote="houseoflords"]Are you mad?[/qu
Probably but just looking for part time or Saturday's if it's to bad I can at least just leave again
Probably but just looking for part time or Saturday's if it's to bad I can at least just leave again
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Reapply timings after VR?
What's the attraction with economically-failing Eurozone countries then?pants123 wrote:slider wrote: I'd be on the first plane to either Spain or Greece. .. till the day I depart this planet...
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Reapply timings after VR?
i think hes assuming the OP is getting a payoff and must be near retirement age, id rather live over there than here too at that point.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Reapply timings after VR?
The sun certainly shines far more, so if dry dusty bleached white surroundings are your thing, then maybe, but then set that against 25-45% youth unemployment with all the problems that brings, plus the young bright and talented emigrating to other countries (and that includes the local doctors, vets etc) and a decaying low/nil investment infrastructure, and you have to think would a monotonous 350 days of sun climate really be that attractive?
That's the thing...two weeks in Benidorm/Mykonos/etc isn't real life.
That's the thing...two weeks in Benidorm/Mykonos/etc isn't real life.