ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I need some advice
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
I need some advice
I went from 5 years on a rural to now a mainly walking delivery & carrying the bag on my back. Tried the trollies but they arent suitable for the delivery. 6 months on my back & shoulders are giving me problems but this week my shoudlers are really painful. My manager & I don't get along as he's a bully & a smart arse. Do I go on the sick & seek medical advice or approach him first & ask for lighter duties? Knowing his answer will be we are under staffed & its not possible. Has anyone else gone off sick with back problems? I know I'll get a stage one as I was off for 2 days about 4 months ago.
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
I need some advice
My advice: use the trolley, the fact that as you state Tried the trollies but they arent suitable for the delivery. is not your problem, use the trolley and NEVER put a bag
on your shoulder unless it's a couple of bundles for a block of flats. If you get grief of your manager explain that carrying a bag is hurting your back and from now on you will be doing it the proper way
on your shoulder unless it's a couple of bundles for a block of flats. If you get grief of your manager explain that carrying a bag is hurting your back and from now on you will be doing it the proper way
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
STOP OVERLOADING YOUR BAGS.
What exactly are you carrying in your bags? You do know there are weight limits in place and you shouldn't be carrying more than 7KG and less if going upstairs? Carrying 7KG won't give you any back trouble.