ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Zicomurphy
Posts: 578
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Zicomurphy »

I deliver to a small Post Office on my delivery located at the back of a convenience store. On average 3 or 4 days a week they get Local Collect items, almost always Amazon parcels, and up to now I've never had a problem with delivering these. This morning the woman behind the counter said she would take the 2 I had today but from now on she wouldn't be accepting any more saying that she had 2 Amazon parcels sitting there for 2 weeks that had not been collected and claiming she didn't have the space to accept them anymore. To be honest I was a bit gobsmacked by this, I assumed if you choose to run a Post Office you have to sign a contract and part of that contract would include offering this service and I would be surprised if opting out was an option. I'm not particularly worried about it, will continue taking them there and if she refuses to accept them will just inform my line manager and let him deal with the issue, I certainly won't get in an argument with her about it. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this ?
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Stella102 »

refused return to sender. simple.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Postie45 »

you may as well tell your manager tomorrow seeing as shes told you she wont take anymore
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Darren Bent »

Then the manager will have to tell Post Office area manager or whatever to have a word with the shop. (Assuming this happens)
Cobblers_3
Posts: 26
Joined: 27 Apr 2013, 13:31
Gender: Male

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Cobblers_3 »

Similar situation. Post office on my round round is shut for a refurb, told me a week in advance he wouldn't take any local collect but they still keep coming through. Been scanned as refused and placed on empty shelf in callers. Managers hope when customer gets the alert they will ring them in a panic then come and collect from our place. Saves them chasing the customer up.
It's rough on the customer as they've paid for a local collect service!!
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Post Office refusing Local Collect

Post by Nigel1505 »

Scan as refused..............take them back, job done. :nana