ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Partner
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
New Partner
My regular partner has been off sick for a long time now so I have had a stand in who I really get on with, the partner who has been sick is now being transferred to another office and the walk is going on the board,one person I know is going for it who is my worst nightmare I honestly can not see me sharing a van with him every day, is there a way round this, I look forward to work at the moment we get on well but I am dreading the prospect of this guy.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
New Partner
you could come off your duty.
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
New Partner
Drop a few strong hints at the guy you don't get on with!grandypants wrote:My regular partner has been off sick for a long time now so I have had a stand in who I really get on with, the partner who has been sick is now being transferred to another office and the walk is going on the board,one person I know is going for it who is my worst nightmare I honestly can not see me sharing a van with him every day, is there a way round this, I look forward to work at the moment we get on well but I am dreading the prospect of this guy.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
New Partner
Why does the guy want to work with you ? Is he a bit thick skinned or something presume the feelings mutual ! Perhaps he's joking about putting in for it just to wind you up.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
New Partner
I'd talk to your Manager and explain the situation. He might sort it. As mentioned by TB"Why does this guy want to work with you"? Probably winding you up.... Wait and see.
Normally a manager will not use any Common Sense in this sort of matter and it'll just be done on Seniority (Which TBH is how is should be done to avoid favouritism, which ironically is what you're looking for)
Although I can sypathise with your dilema.
As a final Gambit you could tell your Manager that you don't want to work this guy and you'll be looking for another Duty.
Normally a manager will not use any Common Sense in this sort of matter and it'll just be done on Seniority (Which TBH is how is should be done to avoid favouritism, which ironically is what you're looking for)
As a final Gambit you could tell your Manager that you don't want to work this guy and you'll be looking for another Duty.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)