ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sick pay?
-
Leegnufc
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Sick pay?
Hi I have a quick question, I was off this Monday on the sick the 25th, was my first time off sick and having checked my payslip when I've come in it states I've been paid 3 hours overtime from last week and £35 for sick pay, is this correct? Any help is appreciated.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Sick pay?
Once you have been at RM one year, if you have a sick day, you get paid your normal contract hours.
There is a limit of how much RM sick pay (12 months?) you can get in a (rolling?) 4.5 year period.
If you have been at RM less than 12 months, or you exceed the RM limit, you get Statutory Sick pay (where you cannot claim for the first 3 days of sickness?).
The pay that you get overnight tonight is this week's contracted hours, plus in theory, all of last week's overtime.
There is a limit of how much RM sick pay (12 months?) you can get in a (rolling?) 4.5 year period.
If you have been at RM less than 12 months, or you exceed the RM limit, you get Statutory Sick pay (where you cannot claim for the first 3 days of sickness?).
The pay that you get overnight tonight is this week's contracted hours, plus in theory, all of last week's overtime.
-
Leegnufc
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Sick pay?
I've been with RM for just under a year. Im on a 25 hour contract. Just trying to work out whether the 35.58 sick pay is correct for this week. Was only off Monday, just wondering when I'm likely to get paid for the 4 days I will have worked by Saturday. Thanks
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Sick pay?
You already have, you get paid in advance. Hence when you started you got paid for that week.Leegnufc wrote:I've been with RM for just under a year. Im on a 25 hour contract. Just trying to work out whether the 35.58 sick pay is correct for this week. Was only off Monday, just wondering when I'm likely to get paid for the 4 days I will have worked by Saturday. Thanks
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Sick pay?
Did you let them know you would be resuming Tuesday? The psp system runs the payroll on Tuesdays, if you hadn't been returned from sick by then on the system then the system will assume you will be off all week - hence the no pay ( apart from SSP) unless it is updated - if you haven't been there a year and are off sick always ring and tell them when you resuming for this very reason
If as I suspect this is the case it should correct itself next week ( assuming you have been correctly returned on the system)
Hope this helps
If as I suspect this is the case it should correct itself next week ( assuming you have been correctly returned on the system)
Hope this helps