ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
stupid question
-
liverbird760
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 18:35
- Gender: Male
stupid question
I was working for royal mail for 8 years and got dismissed by triggering a stage 3 warning through depression and family issues. I was wondering could I reapply for a job with royal mail I know it's a stupid question but thought I would ask cheers
-
UsernameAlreadyInUse
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 06 Jul 2015, 00:10
- Gender: Female
stupid question
Whilst I don't know the official answer to that question, I would reapply anyway and see what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained - and nothing to lose. Go for it and good luck.liverbird760 wrote:I was working for royal mail for 8 years and got dismissed by triggering a stage 3 warning through depression and family issues. I was wondering could I reapply for a job with royal mail I know it's a stupid question but thought I would ask cheers
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
stupid question
I know someone who got rehired in another part of the organisation. No harm in reapplying I suppose,depends how long ago it was. Coincidentally , was this prior to the equality legislation that currently applies! I would have thought depression being a debilitating illness and long term , would cover it, but what do I know. I am a simple machine that turns food into s**t.
-
liverbird760
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 18:35
- Gender: Male
stupid question
Thanks all for your reply. I was sacked 3 years ago so not sure if the equalty law was in then or not. I will give it another go and see what happens as said nothing ventured nothing gained thanks :)