Hi everyone,
I ordered something on eBay, which I think is a scam, but it has been delivered somewhere from my local delivery office, but not to me or a neighbour.
When a special delivery item is scanned at the door at the point of delivery is it true that someone higher up like a delivery office manager, can look back at which postman or postwoman was delivering the item and also is it true that they can see the location of delivery by GPS?
I hope someone can help,
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
-
mahrm1
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
- Gender: Male
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
Yes , PDA ID and GPS location can be accessed by the manager. SD's cant be delivered to a neighbour. 
-
mahrm1
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
Hi,
Thats good to know. This scammer I reckon may have just sent anything to somewhere in my location to show to eBay something has been delivered. The scammer can't even provide me with a receipt from the post office showing the building number and postcode, but eBay are taking the scammers side as they say it has been delivered.
And to top it all this scammer did the exactly same to another eBay member within the past couple of weeks, but they are still taking the scammers side. I am so pi**ed off!
So it looks like, it will be a trip to my local delivery office and speak to a manager and provide them with the tracking reference , so they can take a look.
Thanks.
Thats good to know. This scammer I reckon may have just sent anything to somewhere in my location to show to eBay something has been delivered. The scammer can't even provide me with a receipt from the post office showing the building number and postcode, but eBay are taking the scammers side as they say it has been delivered.
And to top it all this scammer did the exactly same to another eBay member within the past couple of weeks, but they are still taking the scammers side. I am so pi**ed off!
So it looks like, it will be a trip to my local delivery office and speak to a manager and provide them with the tracking reference , so they can take a look.
Thanks.
-
olilew
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
If you have the 13 digit tracking reference number you can go on the Royal Mail website and track it yourself. It should have the address it was delivered to along with the name and signature of who signed for it.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
The Manager cant do nothing without the Special delivery 13 digit barcode number.mahrm1 wrote:Hi,
Thats good to know. This scammer I reckon may have just sent anything to somewhere in my location to show to eBay something has been delivered. The scammer can't even provide me with a receipt from the post office showing the building number and postcode, but eBay are taking the scammers side as they say it has been delivered.
And to top it all this scammer did the exactly same to another eBay member within the past couple of weeks, but they are still taking the scammers side. I am so pi**ed off!
So it looks like, it will be a trip to my local delivery office and speak to a manager and provide them with the tracking reference , so they can take a look.
Thanks.
Ask the 'scammer" for the number, if he cant provide it he is bullshitting and notify ebay because if he cannot provide the number how can ebay side with the sender saying its been delivered if they have no proof?
Ask ebay what proof they have that its been delivered.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
I work in the callers office and as such I give out and receive back all the days specials.
every special delivery gets allocated to a walk and sometime before 14:20 ( if the postie has not already returned to the DO ) every walk gets closed by callers office staff which will show every item as delivered ( even if it has not physically been done )
I can used an enhanced Track system see where and when every scan was done right up until it was delivered and can see the signature after around 30 mins once it has been uploaded via a PDA ( as long as the PDA is connectable with the network ) all that is needed is the tracking number
every scan can be checked on BlackBay upto a limit of 7 days it shows time, date, name, signature and location of each scan.
every special delivery gets allocated to a walk and sometime before 14:20 ( if the postie has not already returned to the DO ) every walk gets closed by callers office staff which will show every item as delivered ( even if it has not physically been done )
I can used an enhanced Track system see where and when every scan was done right up until it was delivered and can see the signature after around 30 mins once it has been uploaded via a PDA ( as long as the PDA is connectable with the network ) all that is needed is the tracking number
every scan can be checked on BlackBay upto a limit of 7 days it shows time, date, name, signature and location of each scan.
-
mahrm1
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
Hi all,
Thanks for all your responses.
I have the 13 character reference but it is showing as being delivered. The signature and name is not mine.
I have no idea where this item is, but I do not have it.
Just been down to my delivery office and they can't do anything as managers are not in today.
Thanks for all your responses.
I have the 13 character reference but it is showing as being delivered. The signature and name is not mine.
I have no idea where this item is, but I do not have it.
Just been down to my delivery office and they can't do anything as managers are not in today.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12189
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
Can you post all of the tracking entries for the item?
-
hazzeem025
- Posts: 280
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
- Gender: Male
Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?
I saw the exact same scam lastnight on Ripoff Britain on TV. Your situation is 100% the same thing I saw. I think it was in Nottingham? Get it on iplayer/catch up. Ebay were also siding with seller but as soon as ripoff Britain got involved they decided the buyer was tricked by a 'sophisticated scam'. Hope this helps.