ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mahrm1
Posts: 286
Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by mahrm1 »

Hi everyone,

I ordered something on eBay, which I think is a scam, but it has been delivered somewhere from my local delivery office, but not to me or a neighbour.

When a special delivery item is scanned at the door at the point of delivery is it true that someone higher up like a delivery office manager, can look back at which postman or postwoman was delivering the item and also is it true that they can see the location of delivery by GPS?

I hope someone can help,

Thanks.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by noggin1969 »

Yes , PDA ID and GPS location can be accessed by the manager. SD's cant be delivered to a neighbour. :cuppa
mahrm1
Posts: 286
Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by mahrm1 »

Hi,

Thats good to know. This scammer I reckon may have just sent anything to somewhere in my location to show to eBay something has been delivered. The scammer can't even provide me with a receipt from the post office showing the building number and postcode, but eBay are taking the scammers side as they say it has been delivered.

And to top it all this scammer did the exactly same to another eBay member within the past couple of weeks, but they are still taking the scammers side. I am so pi**ed off!

So it looks like, it will be a trip to my local delivery office and speak to a manager and provide them with the tracking reference , so they can take a look.

Thanks.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by olilew »

If you have the 13 digit tracking reference number you can go on the Royal Mail website and track it yourself. It should have the address it was delivered to along with the name and signature of who signed for it.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by eastie »

mahrm1 wrote:Hi,

Thats good to know. This scammer I reckon may have just sent anything to somewhere in my location to show to eBay something has been delivered. The scammer can't even provide me with a receipt from the post office showing the building number and postcode, but eBay are taking the scammers side as they say it has been delivered.

And to top it all this scammer did the exactly same to another eBay member within the past couple of weeks, but they are still taking the scammers side. I am so pi**ed off!

So it looks like, it will be a trip to my local delivery office and speak to a manager and provide them with the tracking reference , so they can take a look.

Thanks.
The Manager cant do nothing without the Special delivery 13 digit barcode number.
Ask the 'scammer" for the number, if he cant provide it he is bullshitting and notify ebay because if he cannot provide the number how can ebay side with the sender saying its been delivered if they have no proof?
Ask ebay what proof they have that its been delivered.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by doorstepped »

I work in the callers office and as such I give out and receive back all the days specials.

every special delivery gets allocated to a walk and sometime before 14:20 ( if the postie has not already returned to the DO ) every walk gets closed by callers office staff which will show every item as delivered ( even if it has not physically been done )

I can used an enhanced Track system see where and when every scan was done right up until it was delivered and can see the signature after around 30 mins once it has been uploaded via a PDA ( as long as the PDA is connectable with the network ) all that is needed is the tracking number

every scan can be checked on BlackBay upto a limit of 7 days it shows time, date, name, signature and location of each scan.
mahrm1
Posts: 286
Joined: 25 Sep 2011, 23:56
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by mahrm1 »

Hi all,

Thanks for all your responses.

I have the 13 character reference but it is showing as being delivered. The signature and name is not mine.

I have no idea where this item is, but I do not have it.

Just been down to my delivery office and they can't do anything as managers are not in today.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12189
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Can you post all of the tracking entries for the item?
hazzeem025
Posts: 280
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 18:09
Gender: Male

Special Delivery Item Showing As Delivered?

Post by hazzeem025 »

I saw the exact same scam lastnight on Ripoff Britain on TV. Your situation is 100% the same thing I saw. I think it was in Nottingham? Get it on iplayer/catch up. Ebay were also siding with seller but as soon as ripoff Britain got involved they decided the buyer was tricked by a 'sophisticated scam'. Hope this helps.