ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Resignation
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Resignation
Currently totally fed up with the job & all that goes with it. Im thinking about resigning. If after a year or two down the line I feel I want to go back, can I reapply for any jobs that may come up in the future? I know I will lose seniority etc, not that it means s**t all anyway. The job has gone to s**t, I need to get out!!!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Resignation
You could apply for vacancies in the future in the same way as anyone else. It might help that you had previous experience, if you leave with a good record. But there might only be PT vacancies available.
-
loverman shabba
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
- Gender: Male
Resignation
jobs never gonna get better so if you leave why would you ever reapply? 
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Resignation
We all get fed up that is human nature, we all think the job used to be better, it was just different. Unless you have another job to go to, do not quit, it's not that easy out there and the grass is not always greener.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Resignation
at least wait till october to cash in quite a bit of your shares (if you have them)
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Resignation
stephen.cal87 wrote:Currently totally fed up with the job & all that goes with it. Im thinking about resigning. If after a year or two down the line I feel I want to go back, can I reapply for any jobs that may come up in the future? I know I will lose seniority etc, not that it means s**t all anyway. The job has gone to s**t, I need to get out!!!!
Yes. But a word from the wise, don't tell them the real reason for resigning if you think you are coming back as it may mean they won't accept you. Give them some bull about a different career path, training, full-time education etc.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
lordthornber
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 27 Jul 2016, 11:58
- Gender: Male
Resignation
I left in 2004 with no interest in returning (why would you?) However in 2012 circumstances went belly up and I reapplied. Filled in the online application, mentioning 14 years service and got an interview almost immediately. As it happens something more suitable came up and I didn't rejoin the ranks.