ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Little rant.
I missed a Tracked last week, didn't scan it apparently I can't remember to be honest and the coach comes round with his clipboard with attached print out saying ooh you had a good run etc pissed me right off.
What is the crack with this? If I missed one fair enough, that's human error but the way he was going to go on until I cut him short was a joke, sign this blah blah bollocks.
Rant over.
I missed a Tracked last week, didn't scan it apparently I can't remember to be honest and the coach comes round with his clipboard with attached print out saying ooh you had a good run etc pissed me right off.
What is the crack with this? If I missed one fair enough, that's human error but the way he was going to go on until I cut him short was a joke, sign this blah blah bollocks.
Rant over.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Look like they need to give you benefit of doubt rather than go high and mighty.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Tell the work place coach to do one, coach in our office gets slaughtered , wanna be manager walking round with clipboard.Yet first one out the door every morning and first one back.Some people really do sell their souls for an extra few quid.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Guys n gals in our place. With 30 years exp Bein hounded by work place ,,coaches over a misdelivery or something really minor. The work place coach thing is such a waste of money ,weeks n weeks go past and theyv done nothing for there money . Moan over
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Cheers lads for the replies.
He really pissed us off, came over all ooh it's been a while etc and for what really
he is a know it all kind a guy.
I wouldn't mind If he just said, you didn't scan a Tracked just be a little more careful etc but oh no, paper work in tow acting like a total dick really - he even asked us what do you want me to put down (on his paper) I said put what you bloody want as he walked off
I nearly said as well, is the extra £30 a week worth it, I couldn't do what you do
He really pissed us off, came over all ooh it's been a while etc and for what really
I wouldn't mind If he just said, you didn't scan a Tracked just be a little more careful etc but oh no, paper work in tow acting like a total dick really - he even asked us what do you want me to put down (on his paper) I said put what you bloody want as he walked off
I nearly said as well, is the extra £30 a week worth it, I couldn't do what you do
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
one of ours has had his hi viz jacket slightly altered. it now says work place cock. 
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
I was double prepping one of the duties to be lapsed the other week, and one of the "coaches" was at the frame while I was trying to prep, trying to bundle up his part of the lapsing to take away....and the IPS wasn't even finished yet!!!
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
How do they know you didn't scan it? If you work in a van share there are two of you, how do they know it was you? Surely it depends on the size of the item on who took it, driver or walker. If they can't prove who took it out, how can they insist you didn't scan it. We still have drivers doing packets also so there are three of us in the same area. I'd just shrug and not sign it.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Apparently they know which PDA it's sent fromSurreypostie wrote:How do they know you didn't scan it? If you work in a van share there are two of you, how do they know it was you? Surely it depends on the size of the item on who took it, driver or walker. If they can't prove who took it out, how can they insist you didn't scan it. We still have drivers doing packets also so there are three of us in the same area. I'd just shrug and not sign it.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
If it hasn't been scanned, then it hasn't been sent from any PDA surely?Chewster wrote:Apparently they know which PDA it's sent fromSurreypostie wrote:How do they know you didn't scan it? If you work in a van share there are two of you, how do they know it was you? Surely it depends on the size of the item on who took it, driver or walker. If they can't prove who took it out, how can they insist you didn't scan it. We still have drivers doing packets also so there are three of us in the same area. I'd just shrug and not sign it.
The fact is, tracked items are scanned in to the office and then put out for delivery. It could have gone missing at any point from being scanned in to office onward. So whilst, it is true that the missing tracked in question may have been for your delivery, that does not mean you actually ever had the item!
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
Of course sorry, I misread your question a bit.steve1873 wrote:If it hasn't been scanned, then it hasn't been sent from any PDA surely?Chewster wrote:Apparently they know which PDA it's sent fromSurreypostie wrote:How do they know you didn't scan it? If you work in a van share there are two of you, how do they know it was you? Surely it depends on the size of the item on who took it, driver or walker. If they can't prove who took it out, how can they insist you didn't scan it. We still have drivers doing packets also so there are three of us in the same area. I'd just shrug and not sign it.
The fact is, tracked items are scanned in to the office and then put out for delivery. It could have gone missing at any point from being scanned in to office onward. So whilst, it is true that the missing tracked in question may have been for your delivery, that does not mean you actually ever had the item!
They can probably deduce whether it's been received or not from the lack of complaint, and they can probably guess pretty well who took it out, though I have had situations in the past where it's been day off cover who's been to blame and they can never seem to work out who it was despite time sheets etc...
I also know for a fact that I've not scanned quite a few tracked parcels. You scan it, put the PDA down, go to the door, hand the item over, and return to your PDA only for you to realise that it's scanned the wrong barcode and says "(postcode) is not a valid code" and I've yet to be pulled up on it.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
you could have also cut off as well, the same for when someone comes into callers for a parcel and they cant find it, postman guilty until it has been found missfiled
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
LOL, been there, done that, especially if it's in bright sunshine on an old PDA and the screen is badly scratched/marked/smudged......Chewster wrote:
I also know for a fact that I've not scanned quite a few tracked parcels. You scan it, put the PDA down, go to the door, hand the item over, and return to your PDA only for you to realise that it's scanned the wrong barcode and says "(postcode) is not a valid code" and I've yet to be pulled up on it.
Are the new PDA's better in bright sunshine?
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
The way the system works is that the doorstep scan is initially scanned at the outward Mail centre which opens the scan or as it is know opens the clock.
The only ways it can be closed is by the OPG who is due to do the Door Step Scan.
Royal Mail have a system known as Quick View which allows them to identify the address of the Item due to be scanned and obviously they than know what duty should have scanned the item.
Remember once the Delivery OPG scans the item the actual reciever receives a text message saying it will be delivered within 15 mins. The problem appears to be in some offices OPGs scan them in doors or scan bulk items indoors but the customer receives the text and nothing comes and than they complain.
Senior Royal Mail management have too than hold conference calls with the actual supplier who wants to understand why some items are not scanned. Obviously often the customer threatens to take the items elsewhere unless performance increases.
The only ways it can be closed is by the OPG who is due to do the Door Step Scan.
Royal Mail have a system known as Quick View which allows them to identify the address of the Item due to be scanned and obviously they than know what duty should have scanned the item.
Remember once the Delivery OPG scans the item the actual reciever receives a text message saying it will be delivered within 15 mins. The problem appears to be in some offices OPGs scan them in doors or scan bulk items indoors but the customer receives the text and nothing comes and than they complain.
Senior Royal Mail management have too than hold conference calls with the actual supplier who wants to understand why some items are not scanned. Obviously often the customer threatens to take the items elsewhere unless performance increases.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Work Place Coaches and Missed Tracked
That doesn't address the issue of who didn't scan it. They come to me with a failure on my walk, doesn't mean I did it, it is a van share, there are two of us, could have been me, could have been him. We know who does each address but if it is over sized on an address I do then it is him, we also have relief drivers taking other items out so could have been him also. The answer you have given there Dingo is RM lino logic, it's on your walk so you did it.