The reason I'm interested is because on my way to work this morning I saw a Postie out delivering in his van at 0545!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Earliest Delivery Time ?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Is there still an earliest Delivery Time? When we used to start earlier I believe it was No Knocking before 0700?
The reason I'm interested is because on my way to work this morning I saw a Postie out delivering in his van at 0545!
Apparently he finished off this early start by ending the day delivering from his car!! As one of the locals later told me 
The reason I'm interested is because on my way to work this morning I saw a Postie out delivering in his van at 0545!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
In The Know
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 18:11
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Cool story bro
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
This one time at band camp...
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
He wasn't early...........................he was late!
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Out delivering yesterdays packets more like.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Sounds like it was yesterday's mail to me. Maybe he couldn't be bothered so did it on the way in to work?
One of my frequent Xmas duties is extra packet duty as there are often too many on the lorry to fit into the space we have. I usually go out with a van full pretty much straight off the lorry just to make some room to move.
I always am told not to knock on a door before 6:30 am, but if it can be delivered without knocking then there is no issue with time. That ain't gospel from Moya and Co, just what I've been told locally.
One of my frequent Xmas duties is extra packet duty as there are often too many on the lorry to fit into the space we have. I usually go out with a van full pretty much straight off the lorry just to make some room to move.
I always am told not to knock on a door before 6:30 am, but if it can be delivered without knocking then there is no issue with time. That ain't gospel from Moya and Co, just what I've been told locally.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Earliest Delivery Time ?
We used to deliver post around 7am in the morning in the old days when things were much easier in ways today's posties wouldn't believe.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Always thought/was told it was 7 the earliest.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
How early/late do you all get out on delivery nowadays? I remember being young and seeing the postie come to the door about 7am odd, and when I started only a year and a half ago I was getting out usually about 8am, but now we're lucky if we're out by 9, even on a Saturday.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Thanks for views guys. It wasn't a wind up. I've worked in that DO before and know the individual, without giving too many details, there's the usual "Mafia" of Old Hands that are in the door at 0500. They get an early Mail Drop and it's usual practice to pop out as soon as you can and deliver as much as you can, especially parcels (one Postie that used a HCT would pop out in his own car to deliver all his parcels)! Then back to the DO finish off the later mail and then rush around the Duty again. So these customers are actually getting two deliveries a day! 
As I saw him on a Tuesday he was probably just whizzing around with the later 1st & 2nd class mail in his own car on his way home....... Anything to knock off early eh?
As I saw him on a Tuesday he was probably just whizzing around with the later 1st & 2nd class mail in his own car on his way home....... Anything to knock off early eh?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
How the hell are people still starting that early? I used to be out on delivery just after 6.30am, but that was 15+ years ago! Now I class 9.30 as early.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
Afraid job and knock is being actively encouraged in many offices. Although union will tell you otherwise.OnAFlyer wrote:How the hell are people still starting that early? I used to be out on delivery just after 6.30am, but that was 15+ years ago! Now I class 9.30 as early.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Earliest Delivery Time ?
yes the good ole days, out on delivery by 7am, back to the office at 9.30 back at home by 10am, 33 hrs 6 days week wasn't fussed by working 6 days as i was home by 10 lolNWpostie wrote:We used to deliver post around 7am in the morning in the old days when things were much easier in ways today's posties wouldn't believe.