ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Eye tests, Contacts lenses etc

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Eye tests, Contacts lenses etc

Post by doorstepped »

having just signed for the callers office job ( although been doing it for a while before it became official ) I was wondering if I get an allowance towards eye tests, contact lenses etc as I will be using a PC on a daily basis while working.

can anyone shed any light on this?
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Eye tests, Contacts lenses etc

Post by Darwinsdad »

Have a scan through these (policies for working with display screen equipment - not sure if they've been revised but will give guidance) :-
http://www.hse.gov.uk/msd/dse/guidance.htm
http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg36.pdf
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Eye tests, Contacts lenses etc

Post by Darwinsdad »

PS - I forgot, you're talking about Royal Mail aren't you. In that case, er, good luck, chin up etc :arrrghhh