ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

OHAssist/LTBIH

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
lavmir
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 May 2009, 17:25
Gender: Male

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by lavmir »

I have been off sick for several months, with what was first diagnosed as a frozen shoulder, & now, following an ultrasound scan, a damaged tendon. I have also had some issues with depression.
OHAssist have now written to me advising that 'due to the uncertainty regarding waiting time for referral to NHS assessment/operation/recovery time for the shoulder I will be assessed to determine whether I meet the criteria for leaving the business due to ill health(LTBIH)'.

I've been with RM for circa 15 years, & have not heard of LTBIH. Have written to the CWU rep, but am unsure of how much he knows about the matter.

Anyone point me in the right direction for advice/references to the matter?

Thanks in advance.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by Justanotherstar »

lavmir wrote:I have been off sick for several months, with what was first diagnosed as a frozen shoulder.
Can't you wear a jacket? :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle


Sorry.
Edward Hunter
Posts: 679
Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by Edward Hunter »

Lavmir they will try the ihr route because they can see no end point in your treatment. Before they can even consider it they need to do a full scoping exercise to see if you can be allocated a different duty you can do elsewhere in your area. I would suggest getting on to your doctor and explain that you need urgent treatment as your employer is going down this route and threatening to retire you.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by deggyg »

Is the frozen shoulder stopping you from working in the office/indoor work?
lavmir
Posts: 9
Joined: 04 May 2009, 17:25
Gender: Male

OHAssist/LTBIH

Post by lavmir »

Thanks for the link to the relevant document, the comments, & the joke - made me smile!
I've already been told that there are no 'options for redeployment' in my area, & a phone interview has been arranged for 4/8 for an assessment.
Will chase up my GP re a referral.

Thanks again.