I was just wondering if there was any plans for Royal Fail to have all these trolleys recycled saying that most are gravemarkers in our yard or shoved under the frame or a yorkie?
Maybe they could get a fair price from the scrap yard shithole(Scappers Tv show anybody?) next door to ours?
Also they could throw in some of the dilapidated rust buckets posing as vans and them antiquated coffins with the wonky wheels.
Still I expect the Area Health and Safety Rep (take a bow Mr.Shinyshoes!) will be on the case.NOT. Far more important things like reading the paper and hiding in the union room all day.
Are all Royal Mail offices like this?
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
I would keep them. Reading between the lines on the Live "delivery" facebook videocast I think the CWU and RM are soon going to kick off about mandatory equipment.
Even if they don't at some point they'll have to do when someone tries to sue RM over duty of care and failure to implement H&S directives.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I would keep them. Reading between the lines on the Live "delivery" facebook videocast I think the CWU and RM are soon going to kick off about mandatory equipment.
.
Not digging you out mate but how many times have we heard this?
I've been using mine on every loop & doing the job right for 5yrs now & what has it got me?
Continuous arguments with management re: lapsing etc & being out until 1430 every day whilst my colleagues cut every corner going,get zero grief & work less hours than me.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I would keep them. Reading between the lines on the Live "delivery" facebook videocast I think the CWU and RM are soon going to kick off about mandatory equipment.
.
Not digging you out mate but how many times have we heard this?
I've been using mine on every loop & doing the job right for 5yrs now & what has it got me?
Continuous arguments with management re: lapsing etc & being out until 1430 every day whilst my colleagues cut every corner going,get zero grief & work less hours than me.
I remember... vaugely the verbal crap spoken by management about non compliance of using these when they were first introduced. It lasted less than a week.
IB were going to ask you why? you were not using one. Managers were going to take you down the code if you were not using one while spotted on Obs.. All and I mean all of ours are long gone from the office. Anyone asking for one is in deep Chite.
If you're supposed by be using one and you're not, if you have an accident, one of the first things they're going to ask is "Was you using your trolley?". If you wasn't using it you'll probably be in the s**t for not doing so
We use them in our office on every loop unless it has flats on it.
Management and union very strict about it.
I use mine and very happy to do so, can't see what all the fuss is about, like every thing, you get used to it. My finish time stays the same and no weight on my back, result.
SpacePhoenix wrote:If you're supposed by be using one and you're not, if you have an accident, one of the first things they're going to ask is "Was you using your trolley?". If you wasn't using it you'll probably be in the s**t for not doing so
you won't if your office has not got any LWT any more
Not one person out of 30+ rounds have ever used these. All got sent back (to where??) apart from 3 collecting rust in the yard outside for the last 3 years!!
Since the epic 're-vision' disaster, every single duty is not achievable without coming in early, not taking breaks, running round the office, not using trollies, jumping over garden walls etc.....
Staff too scared to inform DOM they cant complete for fear of being a 'trouble maker'. Instead everyone just moans, slags each other off about the amount of IPS they do/dont do and then stab all colleagues in the back at any opportunity.
A Manager will get away with what his work force lets him Ralph. I don't believe that everyone in your office is so scared of the DOM that they can't carry out the correct procedures. If he's a Bully then shop him. There's always enough advice on here to help you. I take it your Local Rep's not much help? Go over his head to the Area Rep.
IF no one else in the office can be bothered then just do it yourself mate. Maybe hard at first ... May have to watch your back and make sure you're doing everything by the book... BUT when you're the only one that's following the over running procedure (and not lapsing) and perhaps leaving the top row of your frame, because you intend to finish time, and don't want any overtime Thank You! The rest will start to think, "Hang on how come he's not having to work as hard as us? I'll give that a go"!
I know it's hard to put your head above the parapet and maybe get labelled as a "Trouble Maker" but so long as you're doing your job correctly and following the correct procedures, there's Bugger All they can do to you. If the DOM starts to get on your back put in a Disagreement and phone the Bullying helpline! You're in the job a long time so try and make it easier for yourself. Good Luck.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
SpacePhoenix wrote:If you're supposed by be using one and you're not, if you have an accident, one of the first things they're going to ask is "Was you using your trolley?". If you wasn't using it you'll probably be in the s**t for not doing so
you won't if your office has not got any LWT any more
The DOM will just turn round and say that you should have brought it to their attention that you didn't have your trolley that you were supposed to use, they'll probably then proceed to conduct code you
There's only one round in our office of about 30+ rounds that uses a golfing trolley. Plus that's only cos the way the round is set up, it's easier to take 3 bags with you at one time. No one else used them. All of them are just collecting dust and cobwebs in storage
Dorset Plodder, thank you for your reply. Ive been trying to 'do the job properly' for a good couple of years now. The result of that is everyone/most people (including colleagues) come out with snide comments about 'dragging your feet', 'on a go slow' and the best 'if i were a manager id sack you tomorrow!' That is even if they speak or even look at me, many just totally blank me.
This has taken its toll on me in the last couple of years, it has had a serious impact on my mental health, all because im trying to do my job the way we have been asked!
When i start my shift (Full-time) and arrive 10 minutes early to make myself a brew, at least 75% of frames are all thrown in as colleagues come in upto an HOUR early every morning to 'get a head start'
Know what your saying Ralph. Especially the mental side. I do feel that there's a very strong psychological angle to this job, and there's loads of triggers to wind you up. I hate the sound of those bloody elastic bands pinging as people start to bundle up! It takes a lot of mental strength to put up with the shite sometimes, and I know sometimes you don't feel up to it.
Sounds like you work with a right bunch of w*****s! I find an MP3 player and a set of earplugs works wonders. Put your favourite tunes on and just get on with the sorting, ignore everyone else.
Personally I'd keep a diary about any snide comments or abuse you get...I'd have a word with the DOM and if necessary put in Disagreements against those concerned. If the DOM doesn't do anything (which I bet he wont) put in a Stage 2 Disagreement against him . You could also contact the Bullying Helpline....Bullying's not just physical it can be psychological as well. Good Luck Mate.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)