Hi all.
I am going for an interview on Tuesday for a Postie, I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to answer the questions please and what sort of questions will I be faced with.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Interview on Tuesday, help please
-
Unemployable
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Oct 2015, 21:06
- Gender: Female
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Unemployable - type 'Interview questions' into the search facility at the top right of the forum pages and you will find a few threads with the info you require.
Good luck
Good luck
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
The questions should be the same or similar to the ones you had last time, they don't really change, to be honest they are just standard sort of questions it's more about giving the delivery office manager or whoever you are being interview by a positive impression
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Saying you can be flexible, willing to work overtime will help a lot.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
It's all about your "customer service" skills, think of examples where you have gone above and beyond, think of examples of teamwork, things along all those sort of lines. They're not that difficult ,but that's the type of thing they ask.yellowbelly wrote:Unemployable - type 'Interview questions' into the search facility at the top right of the forum pages and you will find a few threads with the info you require.
Good luck
But don't worry,once you've started ,you'll realise that there was a major flaw in the recruitment blurb,in that it is complete and utter bollocks. Let us know how you get on,out of interest.
Last edited by rubberbond on 03 Jul 2016, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Just say I can lapse boss
good luck piss off p@@@
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Piece off p@ss meant sorry
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Unemployable
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Oct 2015, 21:06
- Gender: Female
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Hi. Went for interview last Tuesday. All went well except for 2 answers, totally balllsed them up lol... But havent heard anything yet. So duno what to expect now.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
They take their sweet time to get back to you so just keep your fingers crossed. I think I waited 2 months from interview to starting date
good luck mate
-
arty_morty
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Interview on Tuesday, help please
I had my interview in March of the year I joined and heard nothing until the end of June and I started a week later. I'm now in New York and am about to start with USPS!Unemployable wrote:Hi. Went for interview last Tuesday. All went well except for 2 answers, totally balllsed them up lol... But havent heard anything yet. So duno what to expect now.
Good luck, I hope you enjoy RM.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
Even if you're unsuccessful. If you score high enough you may be put on short-list for further vacancies. Royal mail have such a high turn-over of staff especially newbies.
-
super-postie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
- Gender: Male
Interview on Tuesday, help please
My advice. Make a mess of it and save yourself a whole lot of grief.
But honestly the job is ok. Well paid but expect to be treated like sh1t. No many posts on here with super happy posties. Good luck tho.
But honestly the job is ok. Well paid but expect to be treated like sh1t. No many posts on here with super happy posties. Good luck tho.