ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Unemployable
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Oct 2015, 21:06
Gender: Female

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by Unemployable »

Hi all.

I am going for an interview on Tuesday for a Postie, I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to answer the questions please and what sort of questions will I be faced with.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3725
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by yellowbelly »

Unemployable - type 'Interview questions' into the search facility at the top right of the forum pages and you will find a few threads with the info you require.

Good luck
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

The questions should be the same or similar to the ones you had last time, they don't really change, to be honest they are just standard sort of questions it's more about giving the delivery office manager or whoever you are being interview by a positive impression
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by Jpro747 »

Saying you can be flexible, willing to work overtime will help a lot.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by rubberbond »

yellowbelly wrote:Unemployable - type 'Interview questions' into the search facility at the top right of the forum pages and you will find a few threads with the info you require.

Good luck
It's all about your "customer service" skills, think of examples where you have gone above and beyond, think of examples of teamwork, things along all those sort of lines. They're not that difficult ,but that's the type of thing they ask.
But don't worry,once you've started ,you'll realise that there was a major flaw in the recruitment blurb,in that it is complete and utter bollocks. Let us know how you get on,out of interest.
Last edited by rubberbond on 03 Jul 2016, 19:14, edited 2 times in total.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by maisymoo04 »

Just say I can lapse boss ;liar good luck piss off p@@@
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by maisymoo04 »

Piece off p@ss meant sorry
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Unemployable
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Oct 2015, 21:06
Gender: Female

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by Unemployable »

Hi. Went for interview last Tuesday. All went well except for 2 answers, totally balllsed them up lol... But havent heard anything yet. So duno what to expect now.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by Chewster »

They take their sweet time to get back to you so just keep your fingers crossed. I think I waited 2 months from interview to starting date :arrrghhh good luck mate
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by arty_morty »

Unemployable wrote:Hi. Went for interview last Tuesday. All went well except for 2 answers, totally balllsed them up lol... But havent heard anything yet. So duno what to expect now.
I had my interview in March of the year I joined and heard nothing until the end of June and I started a week later. I'm now in New York and am about to start with USPS!

Good luck, I hope you enjoy RM.
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by Newbie001 »

Even if you're unsuccessful. If you score high enough you may be put on short-list for further vacancies. Royal mail have such a high turn-over of staff especially newbies.
super-postie
Posts: 94
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 06:48
Gender: Male

Interview on Tuesday, help please

Post by super-postie »

My advice. Make a mess of it and save yourself a whole lot of grief.
But honestly the job is ok. Well paid but expect to be treated like sh1t. No many posts on here with super happy posties. Good luck tho.