ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Notice Period
-
Poster91
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 14:19
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
What is the notice period for leaving Royal Mail??
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period
beezet wrote:One week.![]()
Poster91 wrote:What is the notice period for leaving Royal Mail??
But double check some new ones have a requirement for 1 months notice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
movingon
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 12:39
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
My contract has varying notice periods according to length of service, so definitely worth a look at your contract.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Notice Period
movingon wrote:My contract has varying notice periods according to length of service, so definitely worth a look at your contract.
You may be confusing how much notice they should give you which is dependent on service. Resigning by an employee is usually 1 to 4 weeks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tinkz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Mar 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
2016 contract has 4 weeks or one month depending on weekly/monthly pay
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Notice Period
Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if they've put anything else different in new contracts? How would we ever know this? Easy to give wrong advice to a colleague about this.
-
movingon
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 12:39
- Gender: Female
Notice Period
My mistake, sorry - you're right TBT, I was confusing it with the notice period RM has to give me. As tinkz says 4 weeks if weekly paid and one month if monthly paid.