Hey fellow posties,
Hoping one of you guys can help me figure out a few things please:
1. Received my wage slip last week and the tax taken off was exactly HALF that of my total wage (to the penny) - sounds a bit hefty to me. Am I missing something here? Who exactly would I contact to query this IE Royal Mail, taxman?
2. How do I find out how much annual leave I have left? I've lost count of how much leave I've taken so far - is there an easy way to check without having to ask my manager all the time?
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but still learning the ropes and no one tells me anything.
Cheers folks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tax and Annual Leave
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Tax and Annual Leave
I'd probably ask Royal Mail before asking the tax man, but if you're fairly new then your tax could be out of whack for a bit. I've yet to enter a job and have the right amount of tax taken off me straight away
As for annual leave, I'm afraid you'll have to ask your manager for that one. Ask for a print out
As for annual leave, I'm afraid you'll have to ask your manager for that one. Ask for a print out
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Tax and Annual Leave
Thanks Chewster, I've been there 6 months now so not sure if that's considered new but I'll chase it up with Royal Mail and see what they have to say :-)
As for the leave, I guess a print out is what it has to be then!
Cheers bud
As for the leave, I guess a print out is what it has to be then!
Cheers bud
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tax and Annual Leave
I've been here 12 years and some still think I am wet behind the ears.Duno wrote:Thanks Chewster, I've been there 6 months now so not sure if that's considered new
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Duno
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 23 Oct 2015, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Tax and Annual Leave
I believe it, I'm still learning new sh*t every day - after the basic training you're pretty much just left to learn the ropes as you go along. A pretty long rope by the sounds of it...
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Tax and Annual Leave
Think you will have 28 days holidays (minor the bank holidays) so it is probably nearly 4 weeks.Duno wrote:Thanks Chewster, I've been there 6 months now so not sure if that's considered new but I'll chase it up with Royal Mail and see what they have to say :-)
As for the leave, I guess a print out is what it has to be then!
Cheers bud