ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Working contracted hours
-
Mickmick82
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 26 Jun 2016, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
Hi I'm currently on a 26hour contract. Pt in our office is 30hours. For 4 years all reserves that are on 26hr contracts have been coming in the same time as the 30 hour contracts as they save on holiday pay. Now royal mail want us to start working our contracted hours only so expect us to start at 9.45am to walk into office and have whole duty in van plus lapsing to do everything in 5hours. Anyone been in this situation? They say work load is getting quiet and will want us to go back to doing 30 hours when pressure picks up? Am I right on thinking it should be 1 or the other and should tell royal mail to shove the extra 4 hours a week at Xmas and say I'll be starting at 9.45am at Xmas. Anyone got any views on this? They already take liberties by only paying us 26hour holiday pay when we have worked 30hours a week for the last 4 years
-
Poster91
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 14:19
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
They tried a similar thing with me until they realized it wasn't working. I was bringing back a a handful of miss sorts everyday as they had people who didn't know the frame throwing in. It was ridiculous i would get hit the school run and missed deliveries due to walking later. 
-
rmg1
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 13 Mar 2012, 23:56
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
I'm 27.5hrs a week and on a shared duty and as my full time colleague is off on holidays I have been starting at 06.30 rather than 8am but as of this morning we where told nobody should be doing overtime full stop but our duty isn't usually finished until 14.30, tomorrow I been told not to start till 8 and they will get somebody else to prep the frames and I might just finish at 13.30 my official time and take the stuff back, and by the way i'm on with another part timer and it's one of the biggest duties in the office.
-
Mickmick82
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 26 Jun 2016, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
Can't see my duty tied up in van everyday for my start time lol. Going to keep throwing it back at them and say I'll be doing the same at Xmas.
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
Doing the same to us pters that have been doing ft hours for ages now. Joke really i thought the union was sorting out our contracts.
-
ddtc
- Posts: 253
- Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
Yeah unions taking their time at ours. Was told beginning of December it was being looked into and still nothing. We are all getting fed up.
I must say though if tomorrow they asked me to start at my contracted time, where I just come in and pick up pouches (which wouldnt happen) I am not working over my time and I will make it clear to them to expect mail coming back so don't you managers go home before your finish times before you get word from me if I've completed the walk.
I must say though if tomorrow they asked me to start at my contracted time, where I just come in and pick up pouches (which wouldnt happen) I am not working over my time and I will make it clear to them to expect mail coming back so don't you managers go home before your finish times before you get word from me if I've completed the walk.
-
postie0000
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 30 Jun 2013, 10:49
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
I got sacked for working my hours I was fulltime but because they didnt answer the phone because they were out on delivery of bags that had been left I didnt follow "correct procedure" if u dont think your going to complete leave it in office dont try to help them out like me. Partimers we're fine to do anything mind but full timers couldn't say boo.
Would like to see the % of fulltime to partime sackings since they said fulltime head count was to high????
Would like to see the % of fulltime to partime sackings since they said fulltime head count was to high????
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Working contracted hours
He has a good point. Don't take mail out unless you expect to deliver it. Simply assuming that you can just bring the surplus back at your finish time could land you in all sorts of trouble.