ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Couldn't make it up

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by deggyg »

Now being told, (because I have no time to do lapsing) that I must take my meal relief in the office canteen, this order was politely declined on my part, and a grievance now in place :-)
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by blisterfeet »

where had you been taken your meal break up until then?
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by eastie »

deggyg wrote:Now being told, (because I have no time to do lapsing) that I must take my meal relief in the office canteen, this order was politely declined on my part, and a grievance now in place :-)
do you have to have your meal relief as a detention :roll:
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by eastie »

blisterfeet wrote:where had you been taken your meal break up until then?
you can take it in your van
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by datasaint »

The whole office should be taking a break before delivery anyway at the same time. Removes the desire/incentive for runners.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

deggyg wrote:Now being told, (because I have no time to do lapsing) that I must take my meal relief in the office canteen, this order was politely declined on my part, and a grievance now in place :-)
ask for it in writing, he can tell you when(though that can be argued against also) to take your meal relief but not where

have any toilet facilities been identified on your route? If not then it may be worth highlighting to your dom the round trip time that you may need for that pee that you may have been holding in for the length of your walk to return to the office and then back out to recommence delivery, fight fire with err pee and all that
deggyg
Posts: 65
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 15:18
Gender: Male

Couldn't make it up

Post by deggyg »

blisterfeet wrote:where had you been taken your meal break up until then?
Wherever I liked,normally outide having a chat & coffee