A duty came up at a different sub office and due to seniority I successfully gained it.
Now just more than two weeks into my new duty a work colleague as offered to swap his duty for mine.
Is this swap possible?
(We both have same contracted hours etc)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Duty swap within small office.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Duty swap within small office.
Yes provided you are both on the same grade and the swap is recorded in the book at regular intervals dependant on the length of the swap. Remember this is not a permanent swap for resign/revision purposes.iHateD2Ds wrote:A duty came up at a different sub office and due to seniority I successfully gained it.
Now just more than two weeks into my new duty a work colleague as offered to swap his duty for mine.
Is this swap possible?
(We both have same contracted hours etc)
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Duty swap within small office.
Should of mentioned that it's a permanent swap....He takes over mine and I take over his.rehabron wrote:Yes provided you are both on the same grade and the swap is recorded in the book at regular intervals dependant on the length of the swap. Remember this is not a permanent swap for resign/revision purposes.iHateD2Ds wrote:A duty came up at a different sub office and due to seniority I successfully gained it.
Now just more than two weeks into my new duty a work colleague as offered to swap his duty for mine.
Is this swap possible?
(We both have same contracted hours etc)
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Duty swap within small office.
I would think its a bad idea to take the p out of new work mates who may have wanted your duty and are above the other postie on seniority. Best to check with all of your workmates before going ahead.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Duty swap within small office.
I Would have to say NO on a permanent swap but there may be colleagues on this site who have had experience of a permanent swap and more suited to give advice. If this has taken place in the past then a precedent has been set.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Duty swap within small office.
I previously worked in a main delivery office approx 50 staff and a small sub office walk came up.
All 50 staff where allowed to apply for the sub office walk and I got it through seniority.
Sub office consist of 4 walks
Two weeks into my new duty I'm realising the walk is shite and the cover guy who does our days off says he is willing to swap.Yes I think the duty is that'd crap that I willing to do a different walk everyday !
The other subs office staff are fine with the swap.
The people that may be pissed off are the those which where allowed to apply for the duty that are senior to the cover guy which may have wanted the walk.
SO my question still remains : Am I allowed to permanently swap duties with the cover guy?
All 50 staff where allowed to apply for the sub office walk and I got it through seniority.
Sub office consist of 4 walks
Two weeks into my new duty I'm realising the walk is shite and the cover guy who does our days off says he is willing to swap.Yes I think the duty is that'd crap that I willing to do a different walk everyday !
The other subs office staff are fine with the swap.
The people that may be pissed off are the those which where allowed to apply for the duty that are senior to the cover guy which may have wanted the walk.
SO my question still remains : Am I allowed to permanently swap duties with the cover guy?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Duty swap within small office.
No.
When duties are advertised, and outside of a revision, the successful applicant cannot apply for another duty within 12 months. Technically I think a permanent swap would be seen as applying for another duty.
Your best bet would be to check with other people and see if they are okay, however, it would be unofficial and may cause you and the person you swapped with problems later on if management or colleagues change their mind.
When duties are advertised, and outside of a revision, the successful applicant cannot apply for another duty within 12 months. Technically I think a permanent swap would be seen as applying for another duty.
Your best bet would be to check with other people and see if they are okay, however, it would be unofficial and may cause you and the person you swapped with problems later on if management or colleagues change their mind.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4109
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Duty swap within small office.
Bit off original topic but just wondered why does the cover guy want to do the walk every day, are the other 3 walks even shiter ?
Oh yeah just thought is it so he only has to work from the sub office?
Oh yeah just thought is it so he only has to work from the sub office?