ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Attendance review
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
I've got to have an attendance meeting on Tuesday for the recent time off I've had due to tendonitis in my ankle/shin. Hardly seems fair when the injury is job related and I've worked every day off since November! The meeting is in another office ten miles away (prob about a 20-30min drive) and 40 mins before my start time. Can I claim for this and if so do I claim from the time I set off?
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
"40 mins before my start time". Nobody can you work outside your contracted hours. If your start time is say, 6.00am set out then.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
My start time is 8am. Also in the letter it says a copy of my attendance record is attached which it isn't. I'll also have to post the reply form tomorrow otherwise it won't get there before my meeting on Tuesday. Doesn't give me much time to find out where I stand re entitlements and procedures. Whole thing stinks!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Get it cancelled till everything is in order, get rep or area rep involved.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Spoke to rep as soon as I received the letter. All he said was that I'm entitled to representation but that it's nothing to worry about. Oh and hope you don't get sick in the next 6 months if stage 1 is issued. Said nothing at all about expenses/overtime or duty start time.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Have another word and tell wankey rep to come on here.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Update: Tried to get in touch with Dom today ( incidentally, I've never spoken to the guy before) but he wasn't working today. Spoke to a chap who's covering for my Lino. Just told me to send the letter back and they'd arrange another day. Do they have to provide transport?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32794
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Yes! If it's not at your normal place at work,at least you should get fares,and it should be in your duty time as well!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
That's what I thought. The sneaky git never mentioned any of that in his letter lol. Neither did the rep. Thanks Postman 
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Attendance review
Why not ask the DOM to give you the interview at your place of work within contracted hour shift?
He will already have the stage one warning printed off ready to give it to you anyway
He will already have the stage one warning printed off ready to give it to you anyway
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
I did also suggest that in my reply to his letter. Also thought that he's probably already decided to give me a stage 1 regardless. One thing for sure, he won't be doing it on my time or at my expense.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Attendance review
Tendinitis is a condition if ignored can be really debilitating.
When your DOM interviews you ask him for an OH Assist referral,they will organise an appointment with local Physio to help you out.
The Physio will assess your condition and do a report with estimated injury recovery time scale.
A back to work plan may also be introduced which enables you to gradually to cover your delivery . ie 1st week walk 1 hour a day, 2nd week 1 1/2 hr a day.
Ive had a three referrals due to injuries .
Going down the route this way, everything is on record and the DOM should NOT bully you back to work.
All the best.
When your DOM interviews you ask him for an OH Assist referral,they will organise an appointment with local Physio to help you out.
The Physio will assess your condition and do a report with estimated injury recovery time scale.
A back to work plan may also be introduced which enables you to gradually to cover your delivery . ie 1st week walk 1 hour a day, 2nd week 1 1/2 hr a day.
Ive had a three referrals due to injuries .
Going down the route this way, everything is on record and the DOM should NOT bully you back to work.
All the best.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Have already had two physio sessions as well as X-rays although this was on a referral from my GP and nothing to do with RM. I've been back at work for almost 2 weeks now anyway, tho I haven't actually had a back to work meeting. Am still experiencing some mild pain after a shift but nowhere near the level it was before. My main concern is that he'll give me a stage 1 and then the pain will get worse again causing me to be signed off work and I'll be landed with a stage 2.
-
iHateD2Ds
- Posts: 548
- Joined: 16 Apr 2008, 16:33
Attendance review
I would ask for a referral to OH Assist and let them assess your outdoor work load and more physio sessions.Trolleyed wrote:Have already had two physio sessions as well as X-rays although this was on a referral from my GP and nothing to do with RM. I've been back at work for almost 2 weeks now anyway, tho I haven't actually had a back to work meeting. Am still experiencing some mild pain after a shift but nowhere near the level it was before. My main concern is that he'll give me a stage 1 and then the pain will get worse again causing me to be signed off work and I'll be landed with a stage 2.
I found Private sessions are more hands on ,were as NHS sessions tend just to give advice and exercises for you to do at home.
A guy at our place had six months of with shin splints which reoccurred by coming back to work too soon.
-
Trolleyed
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Attendance review
Finally spoke to the Dom today. He actually called me to ask if I'd work my day offiHateD2Ds wrote:I would ask for a referral to OH Assist and let them assess your outdoor work load and more physio sessions.Trolleyed wrote:Have already had two physio sessions as well as X-rays although this was on a referral from my GP and nothing to do with RM. I've been back at work for almost 2 weeks now anyway, tho I haven't actually had a back to work meeting. Am still experiencing some mild pain after a shift but nowhere near the level it was before. My main concern is that he'll give me a stage 1 and then the pain will get worse again causing me to be signed off work and I'll be landed with a stage 2.
I found Private sessions are more hands on ,were as NHS sessions tend just to give advice and exercises for you to do at home.
A guy at our place had six months of with shin splints which reoccurred by coming back to work too soon.
After I'd explained everything he then said he wasn't going to be doing the review anymore ( my spdo manager will be when he's back from hols). Also told me he was going to put me in for an atos referral.