ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part time hours full time duty
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
Part time colleague doing full time duty no time to complete oh my lord you'd think he'd killed someone!! God this penny pinching company!! Conference call to managers,run them into the ground and take no s**t!! Mmmmmmmm nice
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?
If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
I got chucked on a duty today that didn't go out yesterday.....Said I am finishing on time and all hell broke loose. Getting worse around the country i think. Don't even say good morning to any of the managers anymore, they are all backstabbing tossers. As soon as you have an issue, they don't want to know. All the time you are helping them out, then you are their best mate.
-
DocketLefty
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
Apparently something is happening regarding part-time holiday based on average hours worked. This is from my local rep who is sound.norm wrote:Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?
If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
It was a court ruling either last year or 2014. Royal Mail still isn't doing it though so we're still missing out about £100 every week we have off (on 30hrs). Hopefully if it does ever come in it'll be backdated to the court case, but I doubt it.DocketLefty wrote:Apparently something is happening regarding part-time holiday based on average hours worked. This is from my local rep who is sound.norm wrote:Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?
If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Part time hours full time duty
[/quote][/quote]norm wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
If you do 40 hrs you get exactly the same as a FT member including the delivery supplement, after your contract hrs in your case 30, you get a higher rate of pay that includes the supplement to 39/40 hrs.
Check what you get for a week with a FT member and it will be exactly the same if you did the same hours.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Part time hours full time duty
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
There should be delivery supplement on your pay slipNewPostieUK wrote:Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Part time hours full time duty
There is..Creditshampoo wrote:There should be delivery supplement on your pay slipNewPostieUK wrote:Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
There you goNewPostieUK wrote:There is..Creditshampoo wrote:There should be delivery supplement on your pay slipNewPostieUK wrote:Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
My delivery supplement is exactly the same every week (£12 odd) no matter how many hours I do.
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet, or is there a certain time frame in which companies can implement it?
They've actually started giving out FT contracts in our office, I'm a little bit down the list yet but I think I might just be within the allocated number they have to give out...or rather the number the dom SAYS they're going to give out...
I get more annoyed when I see FT staff doing part time duties! This week I saw one FT lady on a part time duty the whole week, probably did about 20 hours all week and yet she's getting her 39 hours pay. How oh how can sustaining that be cheaper than training one of the abundant part timers on the duty? Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet, or is there a certain time frame in which companies can implement it?
They've actually started giving out FT contracts in our office, I'm a little bit down the list yet but I think I might just be within the allocated number they have to give out...or rather the number the dom SAYS they're going to give out...
I get more annoyed when I see FT staff doing part time duties! This week I saw one FT lady on a part time duty the whole week, probably did about 20 hours all week and yet she's getting her 39 hours pay. How oh how can sustaining that be cheaper than training one of the abundant part timers on the duty? Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Part time hours full time duty
Like I said, I don't get paid anything for Door to Doors.Creditshampoo wrote:There you goNewPostieUK wrote:There is..Creditshampoo wrote:There should be delivery supplement on your pay slipNewPostieUK wrote:Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
The SSPR overtime rate that PT staff get until their total week's hour reaches 39 includes extra Delivery Supplement on a pro-rata basis, at ~£11.30 per hour.Chewster wrote:My delivery supplement is exactly the same every week (£12 odd) no matter how many hours I do.
So a PT will get the same gross pay as a FT for 39 hours work.
Once PT (or FT) do overtime that takes their hours above 39, the overtime rate goes down for PT to ~£10.70 per hour.
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Part time hours full time duty
I believe the court ruling was to do with compulsory overtime which RM already does (Scheduled Attendance payments)Chewster wrote:
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet,
And while there is a strong moral argument for p/t holiday pay, there is no legal argument as yet.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Part time hours full time duty
I thought the court ruling was that part time staff members would get holiday pay equal to an average of the hours they actually work on a weekly basis?motherhubbard wrote:I believe the court ruling was to do with compulsory overtime which RM already does (Scheduled Attendance payments)Chewster wrote:
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet,
And while there is a strong moral argument for p/t holiday pay, there is no legal argument as yet.