ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Part time hours full time duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by robbertwhitton »

Part time colleague doing full time duty no time to complete oh my lord you'd think he'd killed someone!! God this penny pinching company!! Conference call to managers,run them into the ground and take no s**t!! Mmmmmmmm nice
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by datasaint »

Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?

If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
DocketLefty
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by DocketLefty »

I got chucked on a duty today that didn't go out yesterday.....Said I am finishing on time and all hell broke loose. Getting worse around the country i think. Don't even say good morning to any of the managers anymore, they are all backstabbing tossers. As soon as you have an issue, they don't want to know. All the time you are helping them out, then you are their best mate.
DocketLefty
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Jul 2015, 22:06
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by DocketLefty »

norm wrote:Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?

If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
Apparently something is happening regarding part-time holiday based on average hours worked. This is from my local rep who is sound.
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by stan_lers »

DocketLefty wrote:
norm wrote:Happening all across the country. PTers working FT hours because offices can't run without them. Why doesn't the union address this?

If they won't make up our contracts at least give us the equivalent FT holiday quota.
Apparently something is happening regarding part-time holiday based on average hours worked. This is from my local rep who is sound.
It was a court ruling either last year or 2014. Royal Mail still isn't doing it though so we're still missing out about £100 every week we have off (on 30hrs). Hopefully if it does ever come in it'll be backdated to the court case, but I doubt it.

The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Part time hours full time duty

Post by beanmuncha »

norm wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
[/quote][/quote]

If you do 40 hrs you get exactly the same as a FT member including the delivery supplement, after your contract hrs in your case 30, you get a higher rate of pay that includes the supplement to 39/40 hrs.
Check what you get for a week with a FT member and it will be exactly the same if you did the same hours.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Part time hours full time duty

Post by NewPostieUK »

stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by Creditshampoo »

NewPostieUK wrote:
stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).
There should be delivery supplement on your pay slip
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Part time hours full time duty

Post by NewPostieUK »

Creditshampoo wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).
There should be delivery supplement on your pay slip
There is..
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by Creditshampoo »

NewPostieUK wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).
There should be delivery supplement on your pay slip
There is..
There you go
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by Chewster »

My delivery supplement is exactly the same every week (£12 odd) no matter how many hours I do.

The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet, or is there a certain time frame in which companies can implement it?

They've actually started giving out FT contracts in our office, I'm a little bit down the list yet but I think I might just be within the allocated number they have to give out...or rather the number the dom SAYS they're going to give out...

I get more annoyed when I see FT staff doing part time duties! This week I saw one FT lady on a part time duty the whole week, probably did about 20 hours all week and yet she's getting her 39 hours pay. How oh how can sustaining that be cheaper than training one of the abundant part timers on the duty? Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Part time hours full time duty

Post by NewPostieUK »

Creditshampoo wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
stan_lers wrote: The dumbest thing is that we get pro-rata on D2D payments. We do the exact same amount of work, prep and deliver them the same, but get paid 25% less.
Lucky you. I don't get paid anything for door to doors (just my £10 an hour). Mind you, the only time I touch them is to push them through the letterbox. Prepping them is the job of the person who preps the duty (not me).
There should be delivery supplement on your pay slip
There is..
There you go
Like I said, I don't get paid anything for Door to Doors.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Chewster wrote:My delivery supplement is exactly the same every week (£12 odd) no matter how many hours I do.
The SSPR overtime rate that PT staff get until their total week's hour reaches 39 includes extra Delivery Supplement on a pro-rata basis, at ~£11.30 per hour.

So a PT will get the same gross pay as a FT for 39 hours work.

Once PT (or FT) do overtime that takes their hours above 39, the overtime rate goes down for PT to ~£10.70 per hour.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Part time hours full time duty

Post by motherhubbard »

Chewster wrote:
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet,
I believe the court ruling was to do with compulsory overtime which RM already does (Scheduled Attendance payments)
And while there is a strong moral argument for p/t holiday pay, there is no legal argument as yet.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Part time hours full time duty

Post by Chewster »

motherhubbard wrote:
Chewster wrote:
The holiday hours thing is indeed a court ruling so I don't see why RM aren't doing it yet,
I believe the court ruling was to do with compulsory overtime which RM already does (Scheduled Attendance payments)
And while there is a strong moral argument for p/t holiday pay, there is no legal argument as yet.
I thought the court ruling was that part time staff members would get holiday pay equal to an average of the hours they actually work on a weekly basis?